Likelihood of paying final rent?

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
Our lease ends on 2nd may we are required to give 1 month notice of termination. We have a new place with the plan to move on the 19th of April, as oh gets paid 21st so can pay rent to new place.

Our rent for the month comes out on 1st of every month so febs rent came out 1st febs iykwim?

Anyway I'm really hoping 1st April would be our last rent payment, just wondered others opinions on whether we would need to pay rent on May 1st?

Wer giving notice this week since wel be out before lease ends by a week and a bit

Give your notice for leaving and then ask for a pro rata rent reduction for April for the exact date you leave.

Week and a bit will save you a bit of money.

If you paid your first month rent along with your deposit then April should be your last payment

I think we did, it was my mums house before ours so we took her lease but I'm sure she did. Apparently landlords don't have to give you some rent back but I think they will as they are pretty good, we've never been inspected or that either

If they're good, they will. My last property I only paid about 75% as I was moving out before the full month was up.

Rent is paid in advance isn't it ? So your payment at beginning of April covers April. If anything you should get some back if you leave before the end of April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->