Lilah or Macy...i swear this is the last name thread! lol

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
I just can't decide! we had Macy picked out for a long time, but im still not 100% sure i love it.

Ran across Lilah (lie-lah). I really love flowery/nature names. Lily was one of my favs but i refuse to use it bc of how super popular it is here. I thought of Lilah and i really like the meaning. I like that it's also a varient of Lily but not so common.

So,

Macy Victoria

or

Lilah Victoria

:shrug:

Lilah is cute but no less common than lily or Macy (I actually dont know any children called lily only older adults, but know several Lilahs and Macy/Macie/Maisies)

what about:

Lilian
Lilith
Lilac
Liliane
Leela

Lilah is cute but no less common than lily or Macy (I actually dont know any children called lily only older adults, but know several Lilahs and Macy/Macie/Maisies)

what about:

Lilian
Lilith
Lilac
Liliane
Leela

Actually, in the US, Lily is ranked #16, Lillian #25 (which will inevitably lead to "lily" as short anyways), Lilly is #110, Liliana is #117, etc so as you can see in the States (where i live) it is super super common (most of those im sure will lead to nn as lily). Ive met so many of them. If i lived in the UK i would probably consider Lily much more.

Macy is #338. Ive only ever met one. It was much more common in early 2000 than it is now.

https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi

I had considered Lilac, but DH isn't a fan. Boo! LOL

Macy Victoria I would say because lilah and Victoria have the same ended and it just sounds a bit off together. However, I do like Lilah.

Have you thought of Laci instead of Macy?

I think Lilah is really pretty and soft-sounding.

Love the name Lilah.

It's a nice alternative to Lily/Lili which are really common by me.

Macy Victoria makes me think of the shops....Macy's and Victoria's Secret, because I think macy's has a VS section in it... I'm also in the UK where we don't have either of those shops, so would that be something even more noticeable in the US?

I like Lilah although prefer the spelling Lila x

I voted lilah, because im a teacher and in my class of 31 I have 2 Macy`s but no lilahs...

Macy (I prefer it spelled Maisy but hey :))

A lot of people seem to be thinking along these lines so I think names like Lilah are becoming much more popular. Although there aren't may now there may well be quite a few by the time she is in school. Just a thought :flower:

I went with Lilah, it sounds a lot softer. :flower:

Though another suggestion, I'm going with Lilia, which isn't popular at all where I'm from and it's similar enough to Lily. 8)

Defintiely Lilah for me. Its my top name, but I like if I ever use it I will likely spell it Lyla :thumbup:

I've always been a fan of Macy Victoria on your threads but I LOVE lilah, I'm used to seeing Lyla, but you've chosen a beautiful spelling and its such a pretty name!

Em xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->