lines on opk's and hpt's after mc

mrphyemma

2DS, 1DD, 1 Angel baby
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
This might be a stupid question so I apologise in advance but can you ovulate while there is still hcg in your system?
I miscarried on NYE and stopped bleeding a week ago. My hpt's have gradually gotten lighter, they are so light now they are barely visible to the naked eye but there nonetheless mocking me for my loss. Had it been a normal cycle I would probably doubt the lines' credibility and put them down to being evaps.
Someone told me to do an opk last night so I did and there were two lines, the test line quite dark but not positive. Today's opk is definitely positive.
Is this due to the remaining hcg in my system or does it mean I am about to ovulate? I have had what I thought were ovulation pains and loads of watery cm but when I had my scan yesterday I was told there is still a small amount of tissues remaining in my uterus and my uterus was seen to be contracting. Could be what I thought were O pains? Surely I wouldn't O when I still have rpoc in my uterus?
Sorry for the silly questions.
Emma x

Hi sorry for your loss
OPKs can pick up pregnancy hormones. I did a OPK when I was pregnant and thought it was positive and tested with a HPT the next day and found out I was pregnant.
If the HPTs are still positive then as far as I know you won't O. You will only O once HCG is below 5

Yup I concur with babybell - OPKs can't really be trusted until HPTs are completely negatiev. I had an ERPC on 29th Jan and as of yesterday my HCG is still 160 despite the HPTs being so faint I would doubt them. The doctor who scanned me yesterday said that "normally" people will ovulate two weeks or so after the HCG reaches less than 5. However he then said that there is no such thing as normal when it comes to miscarriages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->