little concerned about having high blood pressure

dinadilo1

Reaction score
Hi, I’m a little concerned about having high blood pressure it runs in my family and when I went to the doctors about one month ago the nurse checked my blood pressure which was 120/80. Then 3 weeks later I went back and the nurse measured my blood pressure at 140/80. Please suggest me how to lower my blood pressure?

hiya, yep im worried about that too - both my mum and mother in law had pre eclamsia with their babies due to high blood pressure! ive been told that you need to seriusly cut down on salt as that palys a big part, and things like vinigar....also gentle exercise ever day like a walk or swim is supposed to help and generally healthy eating......xxxxxx

Youre best to get your doctors opinion on how to lower your blood pressure

I had very high blood pressure when I went for my initial physical [140/90... ouch!]. My Dr was pretty worried by it, as was I, but I told her that I had been under a lot of stress prior. Regardless, she had me on a 24hr blood pressure monitor [what a pain...] and my results came back fantastic.. however, every time I go back I still get 140/90! She said that this often happens to people when they go in for appointments, and I always know it will be high because I start to stress about it as soon as I sit in her office! Maybe ask your dr if you can be put on a 24hr monitor to see what's up?

Just try to keep stress levels at an all time low, stay in a relaxing atmosphere and don't drink high energy/caffine drinks and plenty of rest when you can.

You can't really stop it if it is a medical reason but avoding stressful situations can help alot ...

don't panic as that won't help you either hunni!

xxx

My blood pressure went from 140/90 to 120/60 in two weeks :|! I think forcing myself to do nothing and relax worked for me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->