Littlelambs Reusbale Nappies anyone?

Mum22GTTC

Reaction score
Hi all :flower:

Just wondered if any of you have used these: https://www.littlelamb.co.uk/itemdetl.php/itemprcd/MNK40 Are they any good? Is there a better brand you would recommend?

I'm in the very early stages of decided whether to go down the reusables route, I have to be honest, the reason I am thinking about it is to save money :thumbup:

Came accross the Littlelambs site last night & they look fab & very easy to use. Would be really grateful of any advice.

Many thanks in advance :flower:

I have 4 of these, 2 in cotton and 2 in bamboo and I really like them. The microfibre ones aren't great from what I've heard.

They're very absorbant but can be quite bulky and require a wrap. There's no way I'd fit them under a pair or trousers so I tend to keep them for wash day or when she's wearing a dress. Unlike pockets, the whole of the nappy gets wet which some people don't like as it can mean their tummies etc being a bit damp depending on how long they're on for.

I wouldn't recommend getting a whole stash of little lambs or anything else for that matter, better to get a selection so you can figure out what works best for you. The sticky on starting in cloth has lots of great advice.

i was given 10 little lambs, cotton ones, and i really dont like them
we use them just for night times with a few boosters but i dont like that they all get wet, and i have to pad it all out with fleece liners so he doesnt get rashes on his tummy etc

they do seem quite popular but they are just not for me

I use LLs at night time (bamboo) and love them. I can use them fine with Imi in the day now too but they were a bit too buljy for my liking when she was small x

My mum got me the trial pack of ll nappies before I had Dyl and they were the first kind that I used, however I really didn't get on with them as is mentioned above they get wet all over and dylan pees ALOT! I found that I was getting a lot of wicking into his clothing around the legs and waist as well and tbh they very nearly put me off using cloth nappies but after speaking to people on here I tried some other makes and I love the BG ones now!

However, I do love their inserts lol as they seem to soak up lots so last for much longer, I would say that if you want to try them maybe try and buy a few preloved first and see how you get on with them before putting out all the money to buy the full kit.

I'd also suggest you pick up a few pre-loved to try out before buying a whole set - that's what I did, got a few of each kind from the Used Nappy Company and Cloth Nappy Tree. I concluded that I love the bamboo nappies, am so-so about the cotton, and didn't get on with the microfibre as they leaked a lot; also that I wasn't that keen on the wraps. I liked the bamboo so much that I decided to get a load in size 2 when he grew out of size 1.

like the pp said, they can get soaked and feel like LO is wrapped in a wet towel, but a fleece liner will go a long way to avoiding that. I certainly don't feel Adam is ever especially wetter in a LL than in a BG or any other nappies with a stay-dry lining.

they can be bulky so I tend to keep them for wearing round the house, which is also really good for a newly toddling LO who is constantly landing on their bum - they provide great padding. but I love his big fat fluffy bum, it's so cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->