Livid.

Bebedeux

Reaction score
My sister had a beautiful baby boy this morning. He has quite the unusual name. Anyway.........

I get a message from my friend who works in the hospital who also works with my first cousin, who was laughing and joking at my sisters choice of name for her little boy. My cousin is supposed to be a "close friend" to my sister. my sister was a lttc after 6years and this little guy was an ivf baby she's 41 all natural birth no meds or tearing I think she's amazing without some international a..hole discussing her sons name. Rant over I'm just so annoyed that someone is discussing her decision in name never mind laughing at it.

I know this feling swdly all too well. Happened to my BIL. Everyone, even his parents, questioned the name and made it a whole big deal. Now the little one is two years old and they sometimes still make jabs at the name, hoping they will change it....uh no. They are the parents, it is their choice and it should be respected. They all had their own chance and time to name their own children.

Edit: in fact on the day we announced our second pregancy BIL's parents/my IL's actually told OH and I, please do not give the baby a strange name like BIL's kid. Like seriously?!

That's not nice at all. Just because someone else doesn't like a name it doesn't give them the right to make fun of it. Especially if they're supposed to be a friend.

I am curious though, what is the name?!

Hope you told the cow straight!

How incredibly rude!

I can sympathize. We've caught a lot of crap for what we plan on naming our boy.

Some people just can't mind their own business!

You can pick the most normal name in the world and someone will still have something to say about it! People are horrible!

What a nasty cow. That makes me really sad, im sure its a beautiful name.

He is just so beautiful. He's tiny he was 6lb 6 and he is just adorable he has teeny tiny little features we are all in love 😍😍😍 his name is Jupiter. I've genuinely heard worse And so what he is such a teeny cutie.

my 3 year old is Ripleigh and we got a lot of people going on about it but quite frankly i dont care what they think.

Jupiter is such a wicked name x

It's not a name I would pick, but it's pretty cool! It's one of those names I would love to be brave enough to name my kid it, but wouldn't!

Tbh not the worst name ive heard. Also not totally out there, its not for me but actually dont mind it.

People always have an opinion. My lb is oscar and people always ask why i gave him a dogs name :dohh:

It's pretty unprofessional too- she would get into trouble if that was reported back to her manager.

Tbh not the worst name ive heard. Also not totally out there, its not for me but actually dont mind it.

People always have an opinion. My lb is oscar and people always ask why i gave him a dogs name :dohh:

My dogs called Oscar and I'm gutted we used it as I totally would have used it for a boy!

It isn't something I would use but props to her for giving her baby a powerful name. We have a name picked out for a girl if we have one...my mom already told me she wont call a baby by that name...because its from Star Wars Rebels.

How rude of her!!! honestly I think the name is super cool!!

People are so rude. I strongly stand by 'if you haven't got anything nice to say then just don't say it!'.

I love the name Oscar :cloud9:

Screw other peoples views on names. Its Your kid, your name. Jupiter is an epic name! I love stuff that's more uncommon.

people can be so rude. My mil said so many times (AFTER the birth) 'you can't call him that'. What more can you say but 'well too late!' When she came to visit when he was a newborn she loved it when people asked his name and I'd say 'Lachlan' and then she'd do this awful laugh under her breath. I understand it's not a common name where she is from but there's no need to be rude.
Good on your sister having a beautiful little boy and choosing a name she must really love. Hope you get lots of newborn cuddles with Jupiter xx

He is just this tiny amazing human I'm in love with him. When I heard the name I was a bit ok............ But at the same time it's her child her choice and it has nothing to with my life so I have absolutely no say in it. It just pissed me off she was showing pictures of my nephew and laughing at his name. I was so angry. She knows my sisters lttc journey and then she laughs at his name. I'm going to say it to her next time I see her I am livid.

Also I ❤️ Oscar
I ❤️ Lachlan

Jupiter is an incredibly strong name. They need to kick rocks if they don't like it. And for the record? Lachlan is one of my favorite baby boy names.

It's not like they named him Toilet or something equally as awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->