lo 4 months now - too old to swap?

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
is it still worth my while trying cloth? i was going to order one AIO nappy and see how it went before ordering more... is this wise?

i am a bit confused by all this but need to start saving money. Advice welcome please..

Thanks. Also if anyone can recommend the best AIO or pocket they used as I think they'd be the ones id go for.

Thanks.

of course - it's never to late to swap! (unless they're potty trained of course :))

Recommendations are a difficult thing though, as for every mum & Baby it can be quiet individual. Preferences, shape and fit of nappy, dry facilities etc.

It is always wise to try a selection of nappies. pre-loved is a fab way to go about it as many natural fibres do take a few washes before they get to the optimum absorbency which often mislead new users if the nappy leaks. Pre-loved nappies will be used therefore already be at peak performance.

there is a FAQs link at the top of this section (i've also added it in my siggy)
theres loads of info in there that will get you on your way.

one thing i will say about AIOs though, is they 'can' take a while to dry so unless you have a tumble dryer (or alot of nappies) they might not be ideal however they are the closest to a sposie and therefore an easy nappy.

Definitely not too old to swap!

I recommend Bumgenius V3's (and theyre on offer pretty much everywhere at the moment) :thumbup: xxx

Never to late! Izzie was 8months when we started using cloth so defo not to late.

I love my BG V3s too but they being discontinued for a new version shortly! So you would have to be quick to get some x

We swapped at 3 months, but I've seen some ladies around the forum who swapped when their babies were approaching a year, so your most certainly not too late!

I started on the V3's, which I find really good. Their birth to nappy, which is always good value. So yes. Bumgenius V3 is also my recommendation, as they are very easy to use.

Definatly not too late we didn't change till 6 months. AIO's can take a while to dry as someone said, personally i prefer pockets pesonally. The best AIO i have tried so far are new Cushie Tushie and for a pocket 2 that have stood the test of time with us are bumgenius and fuzzi bunz

Do it girl! I started when LO was 2 months old, stopped at 7 months and then started again 5 weeks ago....I think I have tried nearly every nappy going! :haha:

First time around I stuck to plain and simple ie Bumgenius, you cant go wrong with them and as mentioned are on offer all over the place atm, all though I prefered the organic AIO's.
I didn't get on with tots bots, cushie tushies are appalling but I'd recommend itti bitti's AIO's but these only come sized, so you would have to buy a next size up as you go.

Your best bet is probably Birth to Potty. Now I adore Issy Bears, I use them in the day and at night with the two inserts and they have NEVER let me down, Leo is now 15 months and a heavy wetter too:thumbup:

As the girls said above, pre-loved is the best way to go to try out a few before buying new ones:hugs:

We swapped at 9 months so never too late! I'd personally recommend Bum Genius Flips, they're bomb proof for us and because you don't need as many covers as inserts they were really cost effective. Definitely try to get preloved though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->