LO and constipation....

P

princess_vix

Aghh LO has really bad constipation at the moment as he's just started Follow-on milk and weetabix.

I gave him pure,fresh orange juice today a little bit watered down and he did finally manage to go....

Is this the right way to do it? I did start with doing massaging on his tummy and cycling his legs round to help move it...but nothing.

Thankyou :hugs:

yes hun pure orange is fine once in a while to relive constipation....make sure he has plenty of water/fluids and fruit and veg (sorry obvious lol) x

Thanks hun,should i be offering just pure orange not watered down?

Plus i keep OJ in the fridge is it to cold for him?
How can i warm it up quicker?

I do offer him cucumber and banana and he is drinking water at every meal time. :D

what I do when Rosie is constipated is put the pure orange in her beaker and top it up with a little warm water from the kettle so its easier on their tummy :thumbup: I would say half water half juice x

You could offer prunes every now and then too.

When Sofia was younger I simmered a prune in a little water and then gave her the water to drink.

Then I basically did the same thing but squished the prune through a sieve afterwards so it was mush and fed her that - that worked very quickly!

Now she just picks up prunes and eats them anyway as she loves them, I just only let her have them about once per week.

Heya hon, just a quick addendum 'cause the ladies hv given good advice :D - bananas are constipating, so don't give too many of them if lo is plugged up. Stuff that starts with P is good - Pear, Peach, Prune, Peas - (not Potato, obv... :blush:) I know this from experience as Linds was having probs last week! Also, my hv recommended millet cereal, which I just mix in with pear or apple in the morning - worked a treat for her!
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->