LO doesn't like meat!

welshwarriors

Joseph & Charlotte's Mum
Reaction score
Every time I give LO jars with meat in it, he refuses to eat it or has just very little of it.
I tried him 1st with chicken and then beef, but he doesn't like either. :nope:

He loves his fruit and vegetables and is happy to eat both and is actually demanding more and tells me off when I'm to slow feeding him. :thumbup:

Anybody got similar experience??? :flower:

Ruby didn't eat meat until 9 months, now she loves the stuff! I wouldn't worry.

Have you tried giving her a bit of plain roast chicken to hold and chew on? Izzy absolutely loves a nice chunky bit of chicken to eat!

No, not yet. HV told me not to give him fingerfood cause of the chocking hazard. I might pop it into his feeder and see what he says. lol

try leaving it off the menu for a week or two then try again. you might find he'll take it

No, not yet. HV told me not to give him fingerfood cause of the chocking hazard. I might pop it into his feeder and see what he says. lol

Isn't it funny how HVs vary so much in their advice. My HV has been keeping on at me to offer tender pieces of meat (I BLW) since I started weaning.

As Lisa says, roast chicken is good. Another real success we have had with meat was when my mum made a steak pie, she cooked it slowly and the meat was sooo soft, Ruby ate so much!

try leaving it off the menu for a week or two then try again. you might find he'll take it

I did try that, but he wasn't bothered at all and still wasn't happy with me when I gave him meat again. lol :flower:

Hannah wouldn't really eat meat until her first set of molars cut

Isn't it funny how HVs vary so much in their advice. My HV has been keeping on at me to offer tender pieces of meat (I BLW) since I started weaning.

As Lisa says, roast chicken is good. Another real success we have had with meat was when my mum made a steak pie, she cooked it slowly and the meat was sooo soft, Ruby ate so much!

Don't get me started on HVs. :dohh: lol

I wouldn't even know where to start with a pie (I'm German lol), but I might give my gran a call and ask her for some childfriendly recipes. :flower:

Yes HVs vary so much in what advice they dish out!!

I don't have a feeder, although I have seen them - to be honest I don't think it will work for chicken - it is okay for fruit veg etc as they mush it and come through the mesh - but chicken won't do that quite the same.

I've seen those feeders and I don't think it would work with meat either.

Remember, even if LO just sucks and gums a piece of meat they do get some goodness from it still...

But that's exactly what they do on a feeder, suck and chew on it. If it works with an apple I'm pretty sure it will work with a much softer piece of chicken. lol

I will let you know when LO had some chicken. lol

But that's exactly what they do on a feeder, suck and chew on it. If it works with an apple I'm pretty sure it will work with a much softer piece of chicken. lol

I will let you know when LO had some chicken. lol

I imagine it would work, but it would be harder for them to get any decent amount of it - and if it is something they don't seem to be keen on that may make the issue worse if they get frustrated?

I know its your call at the end of the day, and I hope the chicken works through the feeder, but if it doesn't don't be too scared to try it in his hands!

I gave LO yesterday some scrambled egg and all the bits which were to big for him he just spit out...next step chicken. lol

I got a feeder with a net....I saw a weird feeder at boots today, where you put liquids in, I hope you didn't think I use a feeder like that. That would make no sense with chicken in. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->