Long nipples. Will they shorten back up?

October2013

Mommy to a baby girl
Reaction score
Hello ladies.
I noticed tonight that my nipples are starting to look longer. I breast feed several times a day, since my baby only eats a little bit at a time, and often she will fall asleep while nursing / continue nursing in her sleep.
Does anyone know if it's normal to have longer nipples while BF?
Will they shrink back after BF?
Thank you for reading!

I've been nursing for almost 2 years and when DD is born, I'm sure it'll be at least another 1-2.. so I'm not sure if they will go back, but I am curious to know as well!

I've asked this at bf support group, actually. I'm almost devastated to say that it was a unanimous "no" from those who were no longer nursing and they ranged from women who fed for 6 months (maybe less) to women who fed for 5 years. I really hope they're wrong, though. I would love for mine to shorten back up. :cry:

I BF'd my DD til she was 11m and honestly, my nipples never went back to the petite things they once were, I think they lightened up a bit, but shape and size wise there wasn't a change :nope:

Mine lightened up about a year post partum.. then got pregnant and BAM, they got super dark and icky-looking again. I am SO pale and blonde, it looks completely unnatural :haha:

Oh, the joys of motherhood!

My DH laughs at my nipples, jokes about getting his eyes poked out when I turn around.
be interesting to see what happens to them

It will be interesting to see. I'll let you all know when she weans, but I think it's going to be a while yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->