Long shot.....anyone an estate agent?

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
Hiya :flower:

Im looking for some advice really!

I live in a nice area, front and back garden, 3 bedrooms. My landlord had an estate agent come view the house and he said its worth 115k.

Ive been offered first refusal.

BUT

Since I have lived in this house there has been numerous baliaffs knocking on my door looking for the previous tennant. I am private renting so I dont go threw an estate agents.

What I want to know is could I get the house lower cos of the problems? and if he put it in the market would he get a buyer because of the trouble?

:kiss:

Im not an estate agent, but no, bailiffs can be got rid of. You need to contact the debt collection company and let them know that the old tenant is no longer there. Sometimes they ask for proof such as scanning and emailing a bill with your name on it to them. I called up every single one when i moved into this house which had the same problem. It's stopped now.

You can offer less for the property without giving a reason. It also wont affect other buyers because they wont know about it until they move in. But like i said first, you can get rid of them.

Would the property sell if he put it in an estate agents?

All houses sell eventually. But it would all depend on whether its up for a fair price, desirable area, good condition etc. as to how fast it would sell.

It could take 3 months, it could take 2 years. The bailiff problem wouldnt really come in to play since its easily sorted and nobody would know unless told.

Wouldnt it be blacklisted though? I thought when renting they had to check (estate agents)

No its people that come up on credit checks, not houses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->