long stretches of sleep at night?

T

Toms Mummy

My baby is only 2 weeks old but right from day 3 she started sleeping 3hr stretches at night, now it's increased to 5 and then last night she did 6!.... I woke up with massive boobs! Although the sleep is nice, and she sure makes up the feeds in the morning! I'm a bit worried that it's going to affect my milk supply! What do you think I should do? X

Don't worry about it. If she's sleeping then she's not hungry. Your boobs make exactly the amount of milk she needs, don't worry about your supply! Always trust your body & your baby! And enjoy the sleep!

Thanks Flakey. So if she goes through the 5 week growth spurt and needs more feeds during the night will my milk supply increase? x

My LO did the same thing, by 1 month he was sleeping 7-8hr stretches at night. But be careful with the boobs! After several nights of no feedings, I developed mastitis in one boob. One morning I woke up with an ache in my boob, in a few hours my temp was 102! Ever since then, I have been getting up in the middle of the night to pump out a feed. Its been fine since. If you feel any pain at all, or it doesnt go soft after a feed, you gotta take care of it right away!

Thanks Leo! I had mastitis when feeding my son! It was horrid!

My son is 3 months and sometimes sleeps 7 hour stretches at a time. I wake up with huge painful boulders on my chest..but I try not to worry too much, just feed him immediately and pump the rest. It's a blessing to be able to sleep that long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->