Longest miscarriage ever

Jencocoa

Reaction score
Anyone else's miscarriage take what feels like forever from start to finish? It's been three weeks since the bleeding started and my uterus was confirmed empty and still just this morning I had cramps and fresh red blood and clots and a large tissue mass.

How far along were you, if you don't mind my asking?

With our later losses I bled for several weeks. Passing clots and tissue is generally a sign that you haven't passed everything. Are they watching your hcg levels to see if they have dropped appropriately? Might be worth ringing and letting them know.

Very sorry for your loss and that things are being quite drawn out for you. :hugs:

Jen- my D&C was 8/18 and I'm still bleeding bright red with tiny clots. I had a f/u exactly a week after my D&C and ultrasound showed a tiny amount of tissue/and or blood. Looked smaller than a dime. And my beta was down to 364.
The process seems to take forever even with a D&C. When is your next appointment?

My last one in July was almost 5 weeks of heavy bleeding (soaking through pads every 1-2 hours), I eventually had to go into hospital for medical treatment. I was 10 weeks.

Thanks for the response and for sharing. I guess there is no normal. I go in this Thursday to get checked again and have my hCG checked. Two weeks ago it was still at 3000. I was about nine weeks along when I lost the baby.

Thanks for the response and for sharing. I guess there is no normal. I go in this Thursday to get checked again and have my hCG checked. Two weeks ago it was still at 3000. I was about nine weeks along when I lost the baby.

It's going to take your hcg longer to return to <5 because it was a natural mc. I've never mc'd on my own. My body just won't do it. So the D&C speeds the process up significantly yet it took 4 weeks after my D&E with my 15 week loss for my hcg to get to <5 and about 3 weeks with my first 2 early losses.
I'm so sorry it's dragging on for you. I've been through 5 but can't imagine it lingering for weeks and weeks.

My miscarriage at 6 weeks seemed to take forever as well. I had 3 weeks of cramping and bleeding but my body never cleared the tissue. Then I had a few doses of misoprostol at home but had no results from that. I ended up having a D&C at my doctors office and fortunately I didn't need any additional treatment after that.

Jen I feel like I could of written this exactly. I lost my baby luke at 15 weeks, was induced and delivered on 21 Aug. It's been 2 weeks and I'm still bleeding and getting intense cramps :cry: just want it to be over!

Jen I feel like I could of written this exactly. I lost my baby luke at 15 weeks, was induced and delivered on 21 Aug. It's been 2 weeks and I'm still bleeding and getting intense cramps :cry: just want it to be over!

So so sorry!

So sorry to read all of your stories...

I wrote about my missed miscarriage experience on a blog I just started today. I see they're not allowing me to post the link to the blog because I'm too new to this site, so if you're interested in reading about my natural miscarriage that took 20 weeks to complete from the time the baby stopped developing, googling "longest natural miscarriage ever" should hopefully take you there. Please share it with anyone who needs to read something like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->