look what my mum made!

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
:happydance: she reckons they only took her an afternoon and a quid or so for the wool! so cool! she's going to knit us up some more too!!!
so have i got this right, if i get some lanolin / wool wash and wash them in that they can be worn as longies over nappies? overnight? would your lo wear them through the day?

Attachments

• DSC02900.jpg
    DSC02900.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 17
oooh thats fab.....does she wanna knit me some too ?? :D yeah you just need to lanolise them..get some lanonlin and sak them in a solution for about 10 hours then let them dry and they will be good to go!! Daisy wears hers thru the day :)

it depends what type of wool she used, if she used cheapy yarn (called wool but its actually acrylic) then you cant lanolise them but you can put them in a wash with some fabric conditioner and they will be quite waterproof, not as good as real wool by far, but they will do fairly well, ask her what type of yarn she used, whether it was 100% wool or acrylic. you can even get cotton and bamboo yarn which wouldnt work for longies because obviously they are absorbant

x

it depends what type of wool she used, if she used cheapy yarn (called wool but its actually acrylic) then you cant lanolise them but you can put them in a wash with some fabric conditioner and they will be quite waterproof, not as good as real wool by far, but they will do fairly well, ask her what type of yarn she used, whether it was 100% wool or acrylic. you can even get cotton and bamboo yarn which wouldnt work for longies because obviously they are absorbant

x

ah good point! she says they are acrylic. oh well! i'll get some 'real' wool for the next ones then! thanks for the info! im so clueless ....

no probs hun, you'll probably find they do quite well during the day if you fabric conditioner them but wouldnt leave him in them overnight, wool is sooo expensive, if she had found some for £1 a ball, i wouldve been asking you to get me some LOL

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->