• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for a little help regarding prednisolone (Steroids)

takingforever

Mum of 3 1Angel pg#4
Reaction score
My little boy (22weeks) has been off for 3 weeks now with bronchiolitis that just won't clear up, took him back the drs this morning as he is now coughing rubbish up and is still not himself they prescribed prednisolone tabs 5mg x3 every morning for 3 days. Does that dose sound right? The information sheet says it's usually 2 tabs for 3 days for under 2s, also does anyone know of any side effects - Thank you for reading x

My son has had 6 lots of prednisolone now with no side affects. All for bronchiolitis expect the last dose as he got diagnosed either asthma. He was 2 tabs a day for 3 days but he was over the year mark. They are really cautious with them so your gp is probably trying to see if the smaller dose will work first. hope your lo is OK xxx

My son just came off this today, his asthmatic. He is 5 and had 6 tablets once a day for three days. When he was younger it was just the three tablets like your lil boy is having. How does your son find taking it? It tastes awful!

As for side effects, I'm not so sure about that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->