Looking for buddies - Getting fit and losing excess weight before BFP

mridula

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm 27 years old, my DH 29, married for 2.5 years...TTC baby #1.
Before marriage, I weighed 116 Lbs and gained a lot of weight later.

Currently I weigh 132 Lbs and I'm aiming to lose 10. I started in May and I was 134 Lbs, so I have reduced 2 Lbs already. I am looking for buddies who are in the same state as me so that I get motivated and get to know what methods everyone else use to reduce weight. Thanks in advance!

Hi!!
I am currently in my tww, but also trying to shed a few pounds at same time! Goal is 11 more lbs, but would be happy with 6lbs. I have lost 1.5lbs in 3 days so far. I basically do carb cycle and only eat carbs every other day. Other days are fruit/veggies meat. Then carb day is pasta/bread. I did this a few months ago and lost 4lbs in 1 month, but then moved and had to do fast food etc for 2wks since everything was packed!!
I tend to gain an extra 10lbs each pregnancy so i hope to not do that this time and stay under 40lbs lmao!
Love to do this with you! Today was my no carb day.

Awesome! thanks for joining me dear :)

I am a vegetarian Indian. I love pasta, and also found out that durum wheat pasta increases fertility in women! So I eat a bowl of pasta for lunch 2-3 times a week (no butter no cheese no bottled sauces)

I eat rice with lentil soup/wheat bread (Indian Roti) every alternate day.

My breakfast is usually on the heavier side, light lunch and lighter dinner. I have a small glass of milk or tea (with milk) in the evening before dinner.

I include 1 banana/orange/berries in my food everyday.

I perform yoga for 20 mins daily morning and go for 2 mile walk everyday in the evening along with household chores as I am Stay at home wife.

So with your rice and pasta, you should make that on the same day. Cut out the soup all together because its got sodium that you can avoid.
Fruit daily is great! I can't think of protein to use for vegan. Hard boiled eggs are great to add to diet.
What is a heavy breakfast?

Yoga is so relaxing!!!

Losing weight in a healthy way so we don't gain it all back, is a lot of work...but worth it!

Yikes, it will be really hard to drop lbs with those meals. As we age our body holds onto things we shouldn't have a lot of and we can't eat like we used to in our 20's or younger.

Almost all of those have carbs. Basically you can't have bread/rice/wheat every other day. I think maybe 2 of those were carb free.

It would be a big change to try and accommodate that every other day.

Hopefully you can do it!

Haha.. I cannot change that habit because that's what my mother, grandmother, great grand mother and everyone else ate all along their lives and all of them didn't have any kind of health issues, like diabetes or blood pressure or heart problems. All were healthy until death. My mother is 58 years old and she is healthy too.

That's our staple. So it doesn't harm.

My problems are with sweet items. I have a sweet tooth and I eat a lot of chocolates, cookies and ice creams. I'm working on it. I have stopped adding sugar in my beverages. And stopped eating chocolates. I haven't cut on ice creams completely. I will soon do it too. :)

Oh goodness hahaha i thought that was an obvious on no sugar, only natural sugar and fruits. LOL

Well we found the issue. I thought maybe your current food intake.

Yeah healthy is great!!! My mom is 57 and super healthy also my grandma is 81 and very healthy. Pretty nice coming from good genes lol.

Cut out the sugar!!!!! Like all of it LOL

Yeah sugar!!! I hate it when I control all day and give in in the night... I seriously am very bad at sweet cravings.. I generally get cravings before my period starts, and during period. I feel like eating ice creams for breakfast lunch dinner LOL

The best option is to not have it in the house at all! Then it forces you to grab a fruit to get your sugars. Hahaha
4 kids here an NO ice cream, candy, deserts etc in the house. Might go 1x a week for ice cream shop parlor, but thats all.

Thank you!!! Stoll so shocked and excited haha. How much longer till you try?

Haha, I hope you get your lil boy this time :)

Ahhhh meeee?? I haven't started yet... quite lot of family drama going on... though me and DH stay away from our families.

I am ready to welcome our first baby..but DH feels stressed and doesn't want to try until we settle our family issues. I am craving for a baby.. almost have baby fever.

But DH wants to have peace of mind and is waiting and waiting ....... I'm so done with all of this...

You need to stop doubting your abilities - this is the first and most important thing

I lost weight for a long time, I thought that I wouldn't succeed, but when I relaxed and started to take it easier, I started to succeed! I started to cook tasty and at the same time healthy food, take vitamins and supplements from Canadian Pharmacy, do yoga and run. All this together and a good attitude gave a very good result! I wish everyone good luck and a good mood for losing weight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->