Looking for Buddy: UK, Early 30's, No.1, Twins! EDD Nov '12

Meezerowner

Mum of twin girls
Reaction score
Hi I am looking for a buddy with maybe one or two things in common....

I am 30 and pregnant with #1 (although I suffered a MC at around 8 weeks in Dec '11).

I just found out yesterday that I am expecting twins!! Which has come as a shock and I was wondering if anyone else wants to buddy up... I am due sometime in November (early to mid) but havent managed to pin it down yet as O'vd late.

Look foward to meeting someone!

Hi! :hi:

Congratulations and also sorry for your loss :hugs:

I'm 28 (29 in april) and i come across your post when i was searching 'twins' as i have just found out today that I am expecting twins like you! (also our first). I am still in complete shock as i only went for an early scan to rule out the risk of an etopic pregnancy, and then they saw two little heartbeats :happydance: how did you feel when you first found out? And had you been TTC long?
I am due approx 18th Nov according to my lmp so according to that i should be 7 weeks today, but at the scan they put me back 1 week 1 day, i told the nurse that i ovulated on day 20 though and she said that the sizes, heartbeats etc seemed normal for the dates :thumbup:

xx

Hi! :hi:

Congratulations and also sorry for your loss :hugs:

I'm 28 (29 in april) and i come across your post when i was searching 'twins' as i have just found out today that I am expecting twins like you! (also our first). I am still in complete shock as i only went for an early scan to rule out the risk of an etopic pregnancy, and then they saw two little heartbeats :happydance: how did you feel when you first found out? And had you been TTC long?
I am due approx 18th Nov according to my lmp so according to that i should be 7 weeks today, but at the scan they put me back 1 week 1 day, i told the nurse that i ovulated on day 20 though and she said that the sizes, heartbeats etc seemed normal for the dates :thumbup:

xx

Hi Catlover, I am really sorry I didn't reply sooner I have been dealing with many crisis both pregnancy related and other stuff!

Congrats on your twins and sorry for your previous losses. I don't know if you are like me and are a complete nevous wreck this time?!

I was really shocked to find out at an early scan that I had twins as I went in as I had some spotting and cramping. I was nearly hysterical in the clinic when they told me lol! I have found out since that there are two cases of twins in my Mother's family that we didn't really know about before which was weird.
Anyway was really pleased as I always really wanted twins and even told the midwife that with my last pregnancy altho she rolled her eyes like I was crazy!

We had only really been TTC since the MC in December 2011 before then we were NTNP since Feb 2011.

I have been so confused with due dates as I knew I o'vd late (after CD21) but it looks like it was even later than I thought. I have had 3 scans now and each one showed appropriate progress from the last so hopefully that means everything is ok but I didn't like being put back a week from what I originally thought.

EDD from LMP = 7th Nov
EDD from last scan measurements = 21st Nov

Also I read that twins don't usually go to 40 weeks and that term is considered to be at 37 weeks. So in a weird way I reckon that will bring due date foward. I need to ask midwife about this tho. That way will put my due date on Hallowe'en (pumpkin babies lol!).

Do you have a midwife yet? I still havent booked with one I have been dealing with the local EPAU clinic loads cos I have had so much bleeding and have been putting of contacting MW as I worry I might jinx everything lol! I have another EPAU scan next week so if everything goes ok I think I will phone MW then should be around 10 weeks so I reckon this is not too late.

Anyway hope everything is going well for you let me know how you are getting on etc.

x

Hello :hi:

Aw no problem! sorry to hear that you've been having problems, have they worked out what's causing the bleeding? i can imagine that has been very stressful for you! :hugs:
Ah it's lovely to hear that twins are what you wanted, lol it sounds like it was a shock for you still though lol! i was shocked as it doesn't run in my family at all and i wasn't on fertility treatment, i thought ah typical, you wait ages for one then two come along at once like buses lol!
Yes i've been very anxious since i got my BFP, it's crazy as we were TTC for over a year and i worried non-stop that i wasn't going to fall pregnant, then as soon as i fall pregnant i worry non-stop that somethings going to go wrong - crazy! :dohh: my mum doesn't help either - she turned round and said to me last week; 'ah you think you're worried now - you wait 'til they're born, you'll be worrying about them for the rest of your life!' that doesn't help mum :wacko:
Ah wow you'll be 10 weeks next week? me too on the saturday (well going by gestational age anyway - i'm 10 weeks today acording to my LMP) so we're very close - that interesting about full term being 37 weeks for twins, that would make my due date the 3rd Nov :)
Yeah i've got a midwife now but i've only seen her once which was at the booking in appointment (i was glad to get that over with i was in there ages lol), i've just had to register with a new doctor though as we moved 2 months ago so when i see a midwife again at 16 weeks i'm not sure if it will be the same one, the one i saw only looked about 20 lol! :haha:
I've got another private scan booked tomorrow so i'm hoping all is ok, if it is i'm going to treat myself to a pub dinner and a couple of new tops from matalan lol :haha: i'll keep you posted! :thumbup:

xx

I am petrified all the time I just wish I could hibernate until 2nd trimester. They don't really know why I have had bleeds but they can see them on the scans. I had one really massive bleed where I was convinced I MC but everything was fine on next scan (except that they could see another bleed). I have started spotting again now (since yesterday morning) so am pulling my hair out now just want to get to Tues for next scan. Apparently this sort of bleeding is more common with twins.

Yeah we were quite lucky TTC, cos it was by accident last year really and then after the MC we managed the 1st cycle after. Can't imagine what trying for over a year must be like.

I think it's really important to get a nice MW, I have to say I don't think I could trust one that was younger than me lol! I had such a nice MW last year and I really hope I get her again, but I'm still holding off phoning til after Tuesday's scan particularly now that I have started bleeding again.

How come you are having scans privately? Does it cost much? I feel I wanna live in the EPAU clinic lol!

Hope everything goes well at your scan today you should get to see quite a bit at 9 weeks I would have thought. Put a pic up if you get one!

x

That must be a horrible for you :hugs: i hope they get a better idea of whats causing the bleeding on your next scan on tuesday, ur bubs don't seem too bothered about it so far though!:thumbup: do you get pictures after each of your scans?
I had my scan earlier and it wasn't good news :nope: unfortunately it looks like one of my bubs stopped growing around 2 days after my last scan (which was around 6 weeks), and they could still see the yolk sac/fetal pole there next to the other bub, who thank goodness looks very healthy apparently and we even got to see him/her jiggle her little arms and body which i was very shocked at to see this early :) they dated me two days behind though which worries me. I'm absolutely devestated that i've lost the other one though, and even though the nurses said that it's nothing that i've done, i still can't help thinking that maybe i didn't eat well enough, or didn't take enough vitamin supplements? i don't know :nope:
I had an early private scan to rule out an etopic as the nurse i saw at my first doctors appointment refused to send me to the EPU to rule out another etopic so i did it for peace of mind :) it cost me £50 and again £50 today, i have booked another one for around 3 weeks time where 12 weeks but i'm very anxious about going there again now.
I know exactly what you mean about hibernating, i wish i could sleep though to the end lol! i will see if i can upload a pic from earlier. i'll also see if i can post my pic from around 6 weeks :thumbup:

Attachments

• photoscan2.jpg
    photoscan2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photobabies.jpg
    photobabies.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics