Looking for info about taking Clomiphene

roothy

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wondered what anyones experiences are of taking Clomiphene? side effects, problems, did it work etc

My potted history - hitory of PCOS and have one ovary after one was removed some years ago. I am 41 and diabetic. Had miscarriage in Feb after 2 years of trying. This of does mean - positively - that we did acheive pregnany on our own. I had a follow up after ERPC and have had some bloods which show dy21 progesterone is borderline low. I have had a letter to say when I go back to clinic next month they will discuss about starting clomiphene.

WOuld be grateful for any experiences etc
Thanks

Hi roothy,

I also have PCOS, and had a m/c in March. I got pregnant taking 50 mg of clomid, a trigger shot and then IUI. After the IUI, I take a progesterone suppository twice a day, even though I don't have an issue with progesterone. The progesterone suppository is something my fertility clinic does with all women who have IUIs. Maybe you could ask your doctor about starting progesterone after ovulation to help with your levels. I experience no side effects from the clomid. Good luck! :flower:

I have PCOS. I conceived on 50mg of clomid after 5 years of trying naturally (charting and such), once pregnant took progesterone injections twice a week (had very low levels). I had a missed mc a few weeks ago, we went to get a sono and saw that the baby's heart had stopped. The cause is unknown most likely a chromosome problem, the doctor says it is very common. But he also said he believes there is a correlation between "weak" ovulation and non-viable pregnancies. We were testing my O at the clinic while we were ttc, the Dr actually thought I had not even ovulated because my levels were so low and that is when I conceived. He has theorized that if I take a higher dosage of Clomid it may produce a "stronger" ovulation and hopefully a stronger pregnancy. Don't know if this is just his theory or if there is any statistical data to back it up.

As far as side effects, I felt a little nauseated when I took the medication, but nothing that was unbearable. I have heard of people having headache, hot flashes and mood swings tho I did not experience any.

Thanks ladies. I did wonder about having to take maybe some progesterone as well

I conceived my son after 6 rounds of Clomid and ovulated every single month. I reckon if I'd been more informed about ovulation and what to look for I may of very well got caught much sooner than 6 months. 18 months later I conceived without Clomid but sadly thins resulted in a loss at 16 weeks.

I'm ready for a cycle of Clomid next month as I too have PCOS and very irregular cycles. Clomid really is a wonder drug for woman with PCOS X

As far as side effect go, I remember having hot flushes and generally just feeling a bit moody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->