Looking for some advice, similar story....anything

MKHewson

Reaction score
Hey ladies I could use some support. My lo is now 15 days old latching great, there is great out put. I'm able to pump off now close to two oz in between feeding to supplement but he isn't gaining. We lost the usual amount he didnt gain or lose for five days. Made another small gain then nothing in the past 24 hrs. Just wondering if any of you experienced slow birth weight gain. To add he was a section baby and I have read some hospital are not weighing section babies for 24 hours now because of bloat from the meds. Thanks for reading

So is he back up to birth weight yet?

This happened to me.... My LO had to have weight checks 2x a week for two weeks and then 1x for two weeks and then every other week for a month before his pediatrition finally just said "well, he is just a slow to gain guy" - he is in the 5th percentile and it took 4 weeks to get him to his birth weight. My Dr. made me feel like poo because I wouldn't suppliment with formula but I could produce the breastmilk to suppliment him with so I just did that. He was/is healthy otherwise. I think she really only gave up on giving me a hart time because he met his developmental mile stones when he was supposed to (head control, cooing, and the such)
I think part of his problem was he was 3 weeks early and just really used to nutrition happening automatically. He didn't want to be bothered to eat it! (I woke him up every 2 hours to eat durring the day and every 3 hours durring the night until he was 6 weeks old)
Hang in there Mama... you are doing so good for your LO :)

I had something similar with my 5th baby. She was slow to gain but never lost any weight after the initial expected loss. I had a hard time with the hv for the first few weeks as they kept on at me to top up with formula, but I stuck with it this time, (I had topped up with baby number 4 and it killed the bf). I stopped getting her weighed and went by the nappies and the fact that she was alert and meeting her development as she should. She is now a happy and healthy 3 year old. I decided to measure and weigh her myself recently and she is now on the 50th centile. She used to be on the 5th. Stick with it, you are doing great!

So is he back up to birth weight yet?

He was 8lbs 12 oz at birth he us now back at 8lbs. I was just so excited about how good of a breast feeder he is then a money wrench of weight gain. But I'm pumping and given supplement milk now after every feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->