• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

looking for some help for s friend early mat leave

Reid

mom of 1
Reaction score
ok girls really need some help good friend of mine is pregnant 17 weeks unfortunately her waters broke on Thursday there's a tear in the sac she's in hospital just now and her little bubs is fighting strong what im looking to find out is if she cant go back to work what financial support will she get when can she start mat leave. she lives with her b/f at his mum's house jst now but there hoping to get there own home
any help advise website whatever would really help xxx

Sorry didn't want to read and run but I'm in Aus so unsure. I hope your friend and her precious baby are ok. x

I would think she would be on sick leave until the date at which her maternity leave will automatically begin - either with the birth if the child or if its pregnancy related sickness within 4 weeks of the EDD.

I would think she would be on sick leave until the date at which her maternity leave will automatically begin - either with the birth if the child or if its pregnancy related sickness within 4 weeks of the EDD.

I think this is correct - thought it was sooner than 4 weeks though. Seem to think 11 weeks. Maybe check directgov.

The earliest you can start mat leave is 11 weeks before EDD (to be precise I think it's the measured from the Sunday of the week you're due?)

If she can't work before that then she'd be on sick leave. If the baby arrives early then maternity starts immediately even if it's more than 11 weeks early.

If your friend goes back to work but needs sick time later, one thing to note is that if you take sick leave in the final 4 weeks before the date you've agreed you'll finish, your employer can insist you start maternity leave there and then. Not many employers I think would do that though - I hope! But health is more important when you're carrying such precious cargo!

I hope everything goes well for your friend, sounds scary for her. A friend of mine has had to have operations early in both pregnancies and gone full term and almost full term with them. Amazing what the docs can do and how those little babies fight and hold on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->