• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

looking for support.

eulmh82

Reaction score
My son was born with a tongue tie so breast feeding didn't go well and I always regretted not trying harder. My little girl was born yesterday and is the total opposite. She's spent the whole day on my boobs literally I've had the odd 5/10 mins off on between. She's barely slept. I'm still in the hospital because she has Urates so I know I need to keep feeding her to work it through. She's had 3.5mls expressed milk too but she's still going. I just need reassurance I guess as I'm so exhausted from two nights of little sleep (this will be my third I know that's normal with a newborn bur I'm falling asleep with her in my arms- I've told the midwives) I guess I just need to be told to.persevere it does get better. I'm worried about my son as well and how he'll cope with it like this.

I would fall asleep like that in the hospital as well and was a complete zombie the first week. Once you are home, see if you can get your baby to feed in side-lying position. It will let you catch cat naps while your baby feeds.

Also - good luck! It sounds like you are doing great!

It will get better :) listen, it's hard as hell and in all honestly, go with y R gut as to what you want to do, but it will get better with time. If your heart is in it, then just stick it out through this crappy beginning stuff and things will get easier.
I nursed my first two both for a year each. Both of them I wanted to quit MANY times in the beginning. With my first I had bad mastitis ( needed to see surgeon multiple times to get drained) but really I'm cheap and how much money formula cost is what made me persevere. In the end I really really enjoyed nursing and was so glad I stuck it out. My second, again, the beginning was draining and I wanted to quit, but I knew I would regret it so I kept along and it went ok. ( she refused a bottle, so it was quite taxing not able to EVER be away but again I was very glad I breastfed and did enjoy the bond nursing). Ok so my third baby, you think I'd know how it's hard for awhile but eventually things get settled. Well I wanted to QUIT so badly, I would cry to my husband all the time those first few weeks. This baby had a crap latch which I had to work on for awhile but during it hurt So badly.... I wanted to give up, since also having two young girls, it seemed that just making bottles would be easier for me than being tied up nursing/pumping etc. well what kept me going was that I would feel incredible guilt if I nursed my other two and not him. How could I ever tell him that I just gave up with him? Haha so I kept working and now I LOVE it, like I knew I would. He is 9 weeks old now, but it really took 4 weeks to get to a place where I started to enjoy it.
I say hang in there for one month. Revisit your feelings about it then, and also see how physically it is going at that point.
Hang in there, it is rough I know!

Thank you :) the support workers have been great. I cried on one of them and was so close to saying get me formula! But I know how badly I want it to work this time and also the fact that all this activity Is encouraging my milk in. She is actively feedingeach time. She's now asleasleep in my arms and I d aren't put her down so I'm desperately trying not to go to sleep!

I put her down as i was falling asleep and managed to go to the loo before she re woke!

Yes, it's actually really important for newborns to nurse so ( darn) frequently. It gets a good supply going to allow your baby to gain at a healthy rate. ( I have heard from friends that supplementing with formula is a slippery slope). So baby is trying to get up a good supply so they will be getting enough milk ( and hind milk which is really important stuff) and won't hopefully need to be topped off with formula. So I know it sucks for baby to nurse so much around the clock. But I won't be like that forever!! You are doing such a great job allowing all those nursing sessions. It's draining, but if you want to, you can do it! :).

Sounds like your doing great, at first it is hard and exhausting andthe both of mine I had very sore nipples for two weeks but once you get through first few weeks its easy and your enjoy it more x

Another night of constant feeding. She wouldn't go in her cot last night at all. Coz im glad you said about sore nipples because people keep telling me I'd my attachment is correct they won't be sore but I've had I don't know how many people telling me I'm doing it right and surely if you've got a baby sucking on you 19 hours a day that's going to make them sore! I'm just praying my milk will come in tonight as that'll be over day three. It's not oozing out at the min :( she's not opened her bowels since sat either so we are still in hospital

My boobs are see changing. One feels very warm Is that right ?

Yes! Milk is coming!

See if mws can set you up in a safe side lying position so you can doze while baby sucks xx

Prob won't be possible in these beds as they're quite narrow :( she keeps falling asleep but when I try to put her fdown she wakes and has to feed again

When I was in hosp with ds2 they put the side bars up and propped a rolled towel behind his back and mine. It doesn't take much space at all xx

Wahoo we're going home tonight :). Last night feed wise was pretty horrific. She fed all through the night none stop but today she's had two 1 1/2 hour sleeps after just feeding for 20 mins off one boob. I mmanaged to get 4 ml expressed breast milk into her and she's been feeding constantly this aft but I feel like the feedssare more productive

Just a quick question. Do you let them feed on the same boob for as long as they want? Long as they're obviously feeding and not justcomfcomforting or should yo u swap after so lon

Comfort nursing is fine, it's working to build it up your supply. I'd say wait until she comes off herself (or you get too sore, just swap sides then)

Sounds like my LO from the start. But as soon as my milk came in he started going longer stretches. Babies know how to build your supply for you two! Congrats! You're doing just fine. It gets better.

As soon as my milk came in, my nipples were really sore for a few days. No latching problem.

I always did (and still do) one boob per feeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->