Looking forward to nursing again- tandem??

susannah14

Reaction score
I'm pregnant, and I think the most exciting part of this is that I get to breastfeed again. :haha: I'm just so looking forward to it! I weaned my son at 22 months and while I mostly feel that was right, I REALLY MISS FEEDING HIM.

Has anyone started feeding their toddler again along with their newborn? I'm intrigued by the thought but a bit apprehensive!

I am looking forward to breastfeeding again too! But my kids are way to old to start breastfeeding them again. (10 and 12) If they are curious about what it tasts like I will pump them some and if they like it, I don't see any reason why I can't let them have some here and there as long as the baby is getting all he needs. Anywhoo - about your situation. I have never done it but I will say this about that.... I think it will depend on your toddler. DS1 never had a good latch and we gave up breastfeeding when he was 2 weeks old. I pumped for 3ish weeks after that and switched him to formula. So he was 19 months old when DS2 came along and I was worried about him wanting to breastfeed and what I was going to do and after much stress and research I decided I would do what felt right at the time. For me that meant the one time he asked about what the milk the baby drinks tasts like I asked him if he wanted to try and he said "In my cup?" and I said "OK" and gave him some. He said it was good and never asked about it at all again.
So... my advise to you is to do what feels right for you and your kidlets when/if the subject comes up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->