Looks Like Prickly Heat

Ell.Bishh

Alex's Mammy & TTC #2!
Reaction score
Well, it looks like Alex has got prickly heat after these few days in the sun, he's just not used to it being warm!
Its irritating him and I feel so bad, but apparently its more common in babies as their sweat glands are under developed or something and they clog? I dont know lol but I know he's irritated and most definatley itchy.

Been bathing him cool (not quite cold) water which is soothing to him but was wondering if anyone knows any other tricks, dont want to go back to the doctor, he's probably sick of the sight of me plus I really dont think there is anything they can do for prickly heat...
Was thinking maybe smothering him in aloe vera gel or calomine lotion?

Any other ideas ladies?
Any quick fixes? :blush:
I just dont think the baths are quite soothing him enough...

xxx

calamine lotion ;)
Loose clothes (more than usual)
no clothes when possible kind of like you would at nappy free time if you give?
Luke warm baths not cold/cool
Don't use greasy bath and creams around infected area(s)

:D

Ellas rash has just started clearing up , loose fitting clothes, taking bub out for some fresh air with a fan on him ? ( i did this and was great for her rash) basically what wobbles said, although i didnt put any creams on her just kept patting the rash with cotton wool and lukewarm water then left her in her nappy. :)

Thanks for the advice on the luke warm baths and having him have extra nappy off time :)
Calamine lotion worked a treat

Im sure by posting this i somehow 'jynxed' the lovely weather, the next morning the sun had vanished and it hasnt returned, so were back to cold again :(

haha
x

Sorry, not trying to belittle your situation or anything, but it just seems funny to me that half of Britain is complaining of prickly heat this week and last...it wasn't THAT hot. What do you folks do when you're on 'holiday' or it gets really hot...like 90+?? You'd all die of heat stroke or something! :dohh:

How's your LO doing now? I assume it's probably gone now, as it's been a bit cooler since yesterday. (at least it is right here!)

He's doing fine, rash gone now, its been cool here since monday, sucks really, i love the sun, alex just obviously isnt too fond haha.
We've just booked up to go to Ibiza (the quiet part) in July, really late booking I know but it was at a good price and we needed a break...just worrying now that he's going to find the heat too overwhelming...

xx

hope everything goes well!!! sage gets prickly heat on her face sometimes from falling asleep eating. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->