Loose Skin after Pregnancy

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
When did your loose belly skin return back to normal? Or did it even ever return back to normal?

Hahahahahaha. Sorry just composing myself!
My belly doesnt remotely resemble before & I don't think it will anymore! But I've got my little squish so I'm not caring!!!!!
You may be lucky, and get it back. I have terrible skin elasticity so I won't even go back unless I have a tummy tuck I don't think!

I exercised and counted calories to lose weight starting at 7 weeks postpartum, and by the end of the first year I was down to an almost flat stomach and a size 4-6 (was a size 14 when I got pregnant). No lose or flabby belly anymore! There was a big difference after the first month or two I think, and then it just slowly started disappearing. :flower:

well theres one for hope and one for none! lol I really hope my skin has some elasticity to it because right now I look great, until my shirt is lifted up and my stomach looks like I got transplanted with an 90 year old womans

Two weeks is still really early! Drink water, keep an eye on your food intake, and when you get cleared for exercise start doing something easy if you have time. Walking is great if it isn't too cold where you are. Otherwise there are a ton of things you can do in your house so you can still keep an eye on baby. Otherwise time should show some improvements as well as your body recovers. :flower:

Here's my postpartum tummy after a year; still working on slimming down the lower part but definitely way better than it looked before!

Attachments

• 10557206_10154400863685058_4185705144878600760_n.jpg
    10557206_10154400863685058_4185705144878600760_n.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 28
I have no problem with any extra flab or anything, but I do still have slightly loose skin on my otherwise very flat and toned stomach. It's been 3 years since the birth of my first child so I don't expect it to disappear ever. It hasn't got any worse second time around though, so that's something! It's not very noticeable, and doesn't bother me in the slightest.

20 months and I'm finally back into my size 8 (UK) clothing. Currently working on my abs and although my stomach isn't as toned as before LO, it looks like it used to - except for a few small rolls when I sit down!

My oldest is nearly three and it never went away for me! Or at least, it was a bit better after 6 weeks or so but that's as good as it got. Losing weight and toning muscle is something you can control but I think skin elasticity is mostly genetics. You can be an ideal weight and have great muscle mass but still have saggy skin. Fingers crossed you've got nice elastic skin!

I was 95lbs before birth 114lb at birth. DS was 8'1. I'm 99lb now. My stomach has gone completely flat with not much excercise. I'd say 6months it stopped being loose. And I noticed at 9months it was completely gone. My sisters skin is still loose it depends I suppose.

I am 44 have 3 boys 23, 21 and 14 and still have my loose skin :nope: loose skin does NOT go away, it has to be surgically removed..Baby fat yes, loose skin, no..
Sorry :flower:

Never returned to normal. Got better the thinner I got- It looked almost normal, besides the catastrophe that my once cute little tummy button has become, when I got extremely skinny for my wedding (105lbs)- but at a healthy weight it has never looked nice. At 9 stone before pregnancy I had a flat tummy, it now looks a chubby mess at the exact same weight due to loose skin and stretch marks. Sorry! You get used to it though, and it doesn't bother me now.

loose skin is still there and I am in my pre-pregnancy weight now. After my first baby (weight gain 45 pounds), I think there was just a tiny bit left, not really noticeable and it took a year. I was size 0 (US) - UK size 4 i think? Second kid was much worse - from 0 to 4 and loose skin is there after a year and a half :(:(

I actually find the skin looks worse the slimmer I got as there was nothing filling it out.
Xx

Two weeks is still really early! Drink water, keep an eye on your food intake, and when you get cleared for exercise start doing something easy if you have time. Walking is great if it isn't too cold where you are. Otherwise there are a ton of things you can do in your house so you can still keep an eye on baby. Otherwise time should show some improvements as well as your body recovers. :flower:

Here's my postpartum tummy after a year; still working on slimming down the lower part but definitely way better than it looked before!

How many calories did you start eating and how much exercise? I'm going to be hitting getting healthy hard after Christmas and I'm trying to get an idea of where to start.

I'm 3 weeks postpartum and I'm 3lbs under what my prepregnancy weight was. BUT I only gained 25lb the whole pregnancy. My belly is so flabby! Ive been eating mostly spinach salads and lots of oatmeal and only drinking water, tons of it. I'm thinking my flab may get better eventually I hope but it's okay if not. Im sure by the time it does we'll be wanting another baby and I'll end up repeating the cycle of flabby belly again!

How many calories did you start eating and how much exercise? I'm going to be hitting getting healthy hard after Christmas and I'm trying to get an idea of where to start.

1200+exercise calories is what I did, but it's hard for a lot of women to stick to that, so I'd recommend 1400 or so to start with. I used MyFitnessPal to count, and wore a Fitbit to track my exercise burn. When I was newly postpartum I just walked, and then gradually built up to exercising an hour a day. I'm a SAHM so most of what I did was stuff I could do at home. I jogged in place while watching something on TV (usually how I caught up to my shows like Walking Dead), did YouTube videos from Jillian Michaels like the 30 Day Shred and kickboxing, used my free weights, etc. I tried to work in exercise whenever I had a minute, like cooking dinner - instead of just standing there while stirring something, I'd pretend to jump rope. And I drank water like a fish!

I recommend joining MyFitnessPal if you want to get serious about it, the site was such a HUGE help to me. Plus there are postpartum groups on there so you can have support from other new moms on your journey. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->