LO's in own room

Dasy25

Reaction score
Hey there

A wee question or two for you ladies. Sorry if it seems silly :wacko:

When did you put your LO in their own room to sleep? I know it mostly probably comes down to personal choice and what you feel comfortable with but i've been thinking about it lately. Our LO is getting a little too active for her moses basket and i'm not keen to use a crib (lack of space in room) so wondering if i should be moving her into her cot in her own room. She is 6 months actual but only 3months corrected and i'm aware we are advised to have our babies in beside us until they are 6months due to risk of cot death. Is that 6months actual or corrected??? :shrug:

I put my lo in her own room at 6 months corrected.

Have to admit it was nice to be able to get ready for bed with the light on again!

I know others who put them in much earlier.

Thank you for your reply. Hmmm i'm really struggling to come to a decision about it. It's so nice just to be able to lean over and see her whenever i want and it is easy for night feed also i dont know if i'm ready for her to be on her own next door. However i do feel she'd like more space and yes it would be nice to get ready for bed with the lights on. I guess i've just answered my own question there tho....i'm not ready :wacko: lol

Oh god we put ours in his own room when he was around 6 weeks corrected as we couldn't take the noise anymore! Well done for those who stuck it out longer!!

Everyone had a much better nights sleep for sure once he went into his room. I was only comfortable doing it though with the apnoea monitor.

Woooooaaaa I have only just managed to put Jessica upstairs on her own for a few hours!!! Theres no way I am ready for her to go into her own cot, but then I thought I would never be able to put her upstairs when we first got her home. Im going to wait a bit longer though.

Plus if I put her in that big cot I wont be able to find her!!:haha:

6 weeks? I think we lasted 2 weeks :rofl: After that we put Andrew to sleep in his moses basket, and placed the basket inside the cot in his nursery. He loved it and we got a good sleep.

Ooooweee like the idea of moses basket inside the cot!!!! Worth thinking about. Lol :thumbup: Thanks girls. :)

We had Harry in his moses basket in his cot until he was 7months actual (3months corrected) then put him in his own room and im (please dont laugh) i sleep in his room on the floor by his cot xxx

We had Harry in his moses basket in his cot until he was 7months actual (3months corrected) then put him in his own room and im (please dont laugh) i sleep in his room on the floor by his cot xxx

Yep can honestly say i might need to do the same for a few nights at least :haha:

We still have Jamie in his moses basket inside his cot.
He's outgrowing it at a fast pace but when I've tried him in his cot on his own he is quite unsettled for some reason so I keep going back to his moses basket. Hopefully when he is a bit bigger and it's warmer he'll go in his cot OK.

cam moved into his cot start of this week :) he really really hates his moses basket lol tonight is the first night i hant slept on floor but yeah im on this at 4am lol im a nervous wreck lol he loves his cot and his room and has settled so much better. he sleeps 8-12, i wake him for a feed then 1-8.30 lol i only dpne it coz i can hear him breathe over monitor lol do it wen your ready :hugs:

Well Ella still isn't well. She has had a chest infection which had almost cleared until last night it came back. :( However my point being as soon as she is well again i'm gonna try her in her cot. I will try the moses basket in cot for a night or two, see how it goes.

Oowee Wantabean....married in less than a fortnight!!! You must be really excited???

Woohoo we have a result. Friday night and i bit the bullet and tried Ella in her cot. She did really well and was nice and settled. :thumbup: I slept on the air bed next to her. Daddy took his turn last night and again went well. Generally she has been sleeping from 8pm then waking around 12.30am for a feed then sleeping through till 8amish. Tonight i have removed the air bed....Aaaargh. Scared! Here's hoping i get some sleep :sleep:

thats great!! thats about what cam sleeps too!! u are a clever girl lol u prob will be dashing thru to check her loads but your allowed that lol technically she is still sleeping herself lol gooooooooooooooooooo ella!!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->