Losing weight before Christmas

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
Anyone else trying? Or is it a losing battle considering this is the time my office starts filling up with tins of sweets and biscuits? :xmas13:

I'm thinking of putting money aside each week, and when I hit my target weight I can get the tattoo I've been planning (a Yorkshire rose). Last year I ate like a horse and regretted it once I weighed-in in January.

Wish me (and anyone else) luck!! :xmas14:

Good luck ! I’d like to loose a stone by December but tbh if I could just drop six pounds to be under 130 I’d be chuffed! It’s much harder this time of year, I find because I can hide under big clothes I’m more likely to pile it on

I rejoined weight watchers 3 weeks ago. Didn’t go to my first weigh in, didn’t go last week, probably won’t go this week :haha:
I’m doing terribly just can’t get my head back into it. Was so ready to lose a stone for Christmas but that’s just not happening and I think I need to accept that lol.

I'm in the chub rub club :haha:

I wish I could lose at least 1.5 stone. Since having DD2, it loves me too much. I'm almost the weight I was, when I was 40w pregnant with DD1 (10st).

The last I weighed myself was 8 or 9 weeks ago and I was 9st 11lb. I'm only 4'11" so it's hugely visible.

As strange as it is, I want OH to call me fat just so it boosts me. He doesn't want to though.

OMG :xmas13: I went out for a run during the week and ended up with chafed legs from them rubbing together :blush:

I dont know how much I weigh, will weigh myself at the end of the week (AF), assuming I will have a least half a stone to lose (I'm 5ft 3, 9 and a half stone is the dream, 9 stone might be pushing it :haha: )

The jumpers dont help do they?!? Everything is so well hidden under knitwear, dammit :xmas13:

I give you kudos for that!! Stuff going out for a run in this weather! Makes you want to stay inside and eat yourself warm :haha:

Exactly! They're just too comfortable too.
Need to invent a whole body of spandex.

e103e4f30d457f458ef229a9de4faee5.jpg

Every monday is my 'I'm being good this week' day but by Tuesday I'm hunting down the chocolate!
I don't weigh myself religiously but I get the depo injection so get weighed every three months, I've lost three kilos since August without doing anything but walking to DDs new school so quite pleased with that!

Walking is a good at burner!

I do find I lose quicker if I walk/run I just CBA - I'm 1.5 stone heavier than last year and want to be. Need to put the Proesecco down!

OMG :xmas13: I went out for a run during the week and ended up with chafed legs from them rubbing together :blush:

I dont know how much I weigh, will weigh myself at the end of the week (AF), assuming I will have a least half a stone to lose (I'm 5ft 3, 9 and a half stone is the dream, 9 stone might be pushing it :haha: )

The jumpers dont help do they?!? Everything is so well hidden under knitwear, dammit :xmas13:

I’m the same height with the same dream weight!! I read once that Cheryl Cole was the same height and weighed 8 stone, I literally don’t even know how it’s possible :haha:

I started slimming world last year and lost just over 2 stone for my wedding back in June, since then I've put on over a stone. I rejoined 3 weeks ago, lost 1.5lb the first week, last week out on half a pound and gainer again this week so highly doubt I'm going to group on Wednesday.
I really need to get my arse back in to gear and get losing again. I know what I need to do and I can do it just no willpower at the minute.

I’m the same height with the same dream weight!! I read once that Cheryl Cole was the same height and weighed 8 stone, I literally don’t even know how it’s possible :haha:

8 stone?!? :shock: I love food too much to be that weight :rofl:

I've been reading online and apparently, to lose 1lb a week, you need to cut calories out by 300 a day.

I'm thinking of going on a soup diet for a couple of weeks and see how it works out.

Me! I am trying to be relaistic, there is no way i am loosing 2 stone before christmas. So i would be really pleased with 1lb. I would love to loose more but, warm bread is amazing, and i just quit smoking and have replaced the ciggeretes with chocolate. I should be loosing loads, i walk to school and back 3 times a day, sometimes 4 & its half a mile there so i am easily walking 3 miles.... but food. I would love to not look pregnant for when we get married next year, since my youngest is 3.5 almost.

Yup; hoping I have more success than when I was trying to lose weight for Christmas last year; I'm about a stone heavier than I was :dohh:. I have surgery booked for the 22nd December and will be on liquids for a little while after, I'm hoping that will mean I don't put on another stone over Christmas (desperate measures :haha:)

I’ve been doing slimming world for a few months and have lost just over 2 stone (actually hit my target tonight) . The one thing I’ve really learnt is that you need a good balance, just banning things like chocolate only make you want it more. It’s one of the things I really like about slimming world is that nothing is not allowed it just about the moderation of not so good for you foods.

Think this is the first year in my life im trying to put weight on lol. After me and my ex husband split i lost the plot and dropped 3+ stone. Which i now have to fight to stay around 10stone because when i drop below im all bony and skinny and bash my hip bones off everything lol its not great. Im 5ft 6 but somehow look skinnier than i am.

So hey if anyone needs rid of a couple of pounds im right here :rofl:

Think this is the first year in my life im trying to put weight on lol. After me and my ex husband split i lost the plot and dropped 3+ stone. Which i now have to fight to stay around 10stone because when i drop below im all bony and skinny and bash my hip bones off everything lol its not great. Im 5ft 6 but somehow look skinnier than i am.

Same here with the weight! I'm too low at the moment and all bones :(. Constantly freezing and keep bashing my hip bones! :haha:

Same here with the weight! I'm too low at the moment and all bones :(. Constantly freezing and keep bashing my hip bones! :haha:

I basically live in my dressing gown :rofl: on top of all my clothes of course!!!

Happy to donate some of my weight as a goodwill gesture. If only lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->