Losing weight but not inches..

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
Does anyone know why I might be losing weight but the inches aren't shifting?

I've cut down my carbs in the evening by about half, eating tons of fruit and salad, doing at least 3 x 30mins on the crosstrainer a week.

This is the end of the 4th week and although I've lost some weight, I havent lost any inches :shrug:

Do I need to give it longer to start seeing inch loss? Or could I possibly be doing the wrong exercise - maybe I need to do lower intensity but for longer / more often?

:help:

Hey hun,

Are you drinking plenty of water??

I always find to lose weight properly I have to drink plenty of water, I try to have at least 6 pints a day.

Also it is recommended to lose weight you should be doing an hours worth of exercise 5 times a week, but that doesn't have to be cross trainer etc etc it can be brisk walking with the pram.

So why don't you continue doing the cross training 3 days a week say a Mon, Weds and Fri and then on a tues and thurs go for an hour long walk if you can??

Also even though fruit is good for you it is also full of sugars (although they are natural) and full of carbs too.. so try to eat it in moderation still.

Just give it time, your body will be adjusting and those inches will come away soon enough!!

:hugs:

xXx

Thanks for the tips :)

I know I'm definately not drinking enough water... I hardly drink at all, never have since I was a kid. I just don't even think about it :blush:

I'm not going completely OTT with fruit and salad, I've just changed my evening meal to consist of a large fruit salad instead of 'bad' carbs like chips, potatoes and rice/pasta etc. It probably adds up to about 6 or 7 portions.

I didn't know about having to do an hours worth of exercise daily.... ouch! I thought it was at least 20mins to make the workout effective.

I don't really want to lose any more weight, I just want to lose the extra inches lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->