Losing weight in 2nd trimester

amc90

Reaction score
At my last check up at 12 weeks I went from 106 lbs pre-pregnancy to 116 lb. I've had severe nausea since then but it has been fading this past week. I didn't eat a ton in my first trimester so I don't know where that weight came from. I'm now 113 at 14 weeks. Is this normal? I get so tired that I sleep for 10 to 12 hrs sometimes and my lips are more chapped than usual but I still try to drink as much as I can. I work really long shifts at work and it really tires me.

I lost a little bit at the beginning of second tri, think it was less bloating /constipation etc and not having to snack constantly to hold off the worst of the nausea. Now 18+4 and it's back on and a bit more! I also found ot depends what time of day I weigh myself. I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning at home but appointments I weigh more because I've eaten and maybe a discrepancy between the different sets of scales

Just ensure you're taking a good prenatal & maybe get your iron checked. You don't want to become anemic (linked to learning disabilities of your child and post partum depression). Weight can go up & down especially in 1st / 2nd tri and then as your hormnes level off it should steadily increase as baby grows. I only put on 6 pounds by half way through my second tri with my first. Each pregnancy is different.

I haven't put anything on yet I'm still losing weight. I have lost 10.5lbs since finding out I was pregnant and now I'm 16 weeks. Midwifes aren't worried as baby is okay with strong heartbeat and measuring a few days ahead. I have loss of appetite and not eating that much this trimester and nausea has peaked again. I'm just trying to eat when I can and drink plenty and not to worry (though that's a hard one as we always worry!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->