Losing weight while bf?

BabyMaybe917

Mommy
Reaction score
2 years ago DH and I started counting calories to keep track of our diet. I lost 85 lbs and still had more to go. After over a year we went on a vacation and we got off track and I gained back 55 including my pregnancy weight since then. I'm exclusively pumping for my daugher who is in the NICU. I'm wanting to count calories again. I'm wondering if anyone has experience in this. I don't want my supply to drop but I do need my weight to drop!

I've dropped 60 lbs from where I was at 40 weeks pregnant. All I did was BF, not overeat (portion control) and turn down junk most of the time. I haven't even got back into real exercise yet! Haven't counted calories at all. No supply issues at all!

If you are EBF, just use common sense with your eating habits and give it time. The weight will come off!

I've lost about 60 pounds since giving birth 5.5 months ago. I'm counting calories and exercise 3-4 times a week. It has not affected my supply as dd had nothing but BM since 2 weeks old.
I'm eating healthy meals, have small snacks in between and make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Thanks for sharing ladies! I talked with a lactation consultant and she suggested not to go under 1800 calories and said some women may need to stay around 2200. So I'm just going to watch my supply closely. :)

I do the slimming world and I have lost just under 2 1/2 stone in 13 weeks. My milk supply have never dropped (if anything it increased when I started doing more exercise).
I do have to more extras on this diet when breast feeding (instead of 2 healthy extras, you get 6) xx

EDIT: my son has stayed on the 91st centile xx

I am on a calorie controlled diet 1600 a day. I have lost 9lb in 4 weeks. Sometimes I get hungry and cheat though. My son is happy but his weight gain has dropped slightly. I don't think they're connected

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->