Loss of appetite?? anyone else?

Kristalebear1

<3 Isobel's Mommy <3
Reaction score
I have gained quite a bit I was 230 when i got pregnant and at my first on appt at 23wks (didn't find out til then haha :haha: ) I was 255, 4 weeks after that at my second I was 266, 4 weeks later at my 3rd I was 267. I see her tomorrow two weeks since my last and am horrified ill of gained alot, but not letting it get to me. She hasn't mentioned a word about my weight gain.

I seem to be having an issue though as of the past three days I have no appetite at all. I have eaten once a day for three days in a row, no snacking. While they were higher calorie meals (700-800c) thats still not good. I have no craving, no desire for food except to sate my grumbling tummy and then I'm not hungry for hours after just a small plate. I've been eating calorie and protein rich foods to try and keep calories up. But I have to mix those in with top ramen just to keep it down (silly I know haha) yesterday for lunch I had a bowl of ramen with beans, pork, green beans, and peas mixed in and that was all I ate.

I am worried because before I had such a healthy appetite and now nothing. I have no clue what to do. I do still take my prenatal vits/dha once daily, and I take a calcium supplement twice daily.

I'm 33 wks tomorrow and I just can't seem to eat! Anyone else? Any tips or tricks??

I find that due to baby getting so big and squishing my stomach, causing heart burn, etc the thought of a big meal terrifies me and I get very full very fast. I would suggest more "snacking" small calorie items throughout the day to see if that helps. Like have a yogurt then wait a while. Then maybe have an apple with a tbsp of peanut butter. Then maybe a veggie soup or some eggs. That way you are getting a variety of rich nutrients and healthy calories rather than having one huge meal.

The problem is I have no desire to graze, or snack. The meals I'm eating are small portions just high in protein and calories (protein from plant and meat sources) the other day I had a small plate of chicken, broccoli, beans and brown rice for dinner and that was it for the day. Usually I don't eat simple carbs (ramen for instance which is awful high in sodium anyway so I drink lots of water and tea) and only eat complex carbs. But ramen is all I've been craving so mixing protien, veggies, and such in is one of the few ways I can keep food down.

I plan on buying some pretzels, yogurt, and cheese to make snack packs tomorrow, along with apples, peanut butter, and celery. Then premake and store them in the fridge for easy snacking. I'm just not really wanting to snack. &#128542;

i'm sure you will be fine hon, just eat when you feel like it and try to make healthy choices. Baby will take what it needs from your intake and your stores. Try to take your prenatal vitamins too, that will help.

I have gained 16lb this whole pregnancy so far - quite a bit of weight loss in first tri followed by more than gaining it back again; my bmi was just under 20 to start with. my appetite the last week or so has been variable; i'm still at work, some days I forget to eat as i'm just not hungry, or i just eat breakfast cereal for tea as I can't face a meal. midwife isn't concerned and i'm measuring bang on track.

I have had NO appetite for this entire pregnancy and I am 39+4. I gained a total of 8 lbs which means I have actually lost weight since baby is estimated at 7.5lbs right now plus placenta, blood, big uterus etc. I was totally worried for a long time but my doc assured me that baby gets what they need from you. It's good you're staying on your prenatals and it sounds like the calories you're getting are good calories. One thing that does help me is to drink slowly or after a meal. I notice that liquids fill me up really fast these days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->