Lost in the post item bought from ebay - who chases royal mail?

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
I bought a dress from ebay which hasn't arrived.

Seller says she will send me proof of postage so I can take it up with royal mail.

Don't really want to do this as that will take ages & I'd prefer to have a refund so I can get another dress with the money!

Can I say that to her and then if she says no, open a dispute & win it or will the proof of postage & claim have to be the route I go down??

if u paid with paypal you'd win, proof or not x

Ok thank you, it's not been long enough yet to open a case but I will do x

Right I said to her I didn't want to chase it up as it's not my fault and she said she has sent me the proof of postage! So now what do I do??!

She is meant to refund you and then she has to apply for a refund from royal mail. If she doesn't agree to this open a dispute with paypal,you will win.

Wouldn't it be the most amazing coincidence that the proof of purchase gets lost in the post too? Tell her you don't care if she's sent you it or not, it's her responsibility as seller to chase the item.

I messaged her back saying I never wanted proof of postage, as the seller it is your responsibility to chase it. She said she says in her auctions she won't be held responsible for lost parcels and has provided proof of postage. I said ok, I'll open a dispute.

Do I do it through ebay or paypal?

Thanks ladies

Just because she states that doesn't mean she isn't she can write whatever she wants there! I'd go thru paypal

Wait...has she POSTED u the proof of postage ? What a silly woman! Doubt she even sent the parcel in the first place if she's doing that lol

It is the seller's responsibility; and only they can make a claim for a missing or damaged item; no use her sending you the proof of postage as royal mail will just turn round and say it has to be the sender who claims xx

I would send the proof of postage right back to her and open a dispute. Good luck, keep us posted on the outcome.

Whether she says she is not responsible or not is beside the point. Royal mail will not deal with you, only the person who SENT the item, so she has to claim. Doesnt matter if she has proof of postage or not either

I'm a bit confused, how long ago did you pay for the dress?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->