Lost my focus... how do I get it back?

stardust599

Reaction score
Throughout this pregnancy I have felt calm and confident about the birth and have also felt it is instinctive and inbuilt and have felt a real urge and excitement about it.

Now I don't know what's happened but I feel frightened and apprehensive and I have lost my belief that I can have a natural, calm, active birth and all I can picture now is a painful, medicalised birth :-( I have tried reading my plans for the birth and reading some birth stories but I just can't get my focus back. I have been listening to some hypnobirthing CDs but they seem to be making it worse and I don't like them.

I need some inspiration to get me back in the mindset!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I think the trick is to stop over thinking things Hon - perhaps lose yourself in a good book (one that doesn't involve childbirth lol) or in planning the nursery, making bits for the baby (perhaps try knitting or a bit of sewing?), make up a 'Big Sister' box for your daughter maybe?

It sounds trite but focusing on what comes after the birth itself might be just what you need to distract yourself :thumbup::hugs:

Think you are right I am just going to take a break for a few days. I am exhausted but can't stop planning things in my head! Going to stop looking at birth/pregnancy things for a bit and take a step back.

A big sister box is a great idea. LO has taken a huge mental jump the past 2 weeks and is now very much a little girl instead of a baby - she even argues with me :rofl:

Definitely take a mental break. Let your monkey do it! There are some really lovely inspiring videos on Youtube, they might help? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->