Love the Vinnie Jones advert!!

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
So simple , yet so so effective... Just genius!!

Anyone seen it?

Its great........... i see CPR has changed again watching that.......... for work i have to do a first aid course every 3 years to update and refresh last time i did it was 2 years ago and we were still told to blow into the dummies mouths.........i look forward to NOT having to that again!!!!!

Its great........... i see CPR has changed again watching that.......... for work i have to do a first aid course every 3 years to update and refresh last time i did it was 2 years ago and we were still told to blow into the dummies mouths.........i look forward to NOT having to that again!!!!!

Really?!? ... Honest truth I don't think I could blow into someone's mouth.... Well if he was fit then maybe... But I'd struggle!!
My midwife friend said a while ago there's no need for mouth to mouth for resus.
The songs so genius.. You couldn't forget it!! Now... All I need is for someone to keel over in front of me to use my amateur first aid skills!!

It's brilliant you cant forget how to do it now, lets just hope we never have to use it :S x

Yep.............flamming embarassing talking to a dummy and breathing into its mouth in front of a class of people......... the dummies were pretty cool as you would see the chest rise when you blew in to the mouth ermmmmmm anyway the pumping on the chest hard and fast is a lot harder than it looks.............its so tiring!!!! hats off to anyone who does that until an ambulance turns up, to preform it successfully the chest needs to be push down one and a half inches, 100 times a minute, for several minutes/until help arrives..........its tuff........that kind of pressure can break ribs and damage internal organs however thats better than death.

sad thing is the paramedic told us.........if its got to the point where they need CPR chances are they wont make it.......there is a 1-10% chance of it working and that also depends how quick someone is found and depending on old/healthy a person is. The elderly are far less likely to survive and the damage i mentioned above is more likely to happen.
He also said what we see on TV/FILMS is so unaccurate its unbelieveable...which is hardly surprising x

I do love the advert. But gosh I hope I never ever have to do it, would scare the life out of me (no pun intended) i'd be scared of breaking their chest :( x

Haha, i love it too.

It is very effective.

You only kiss your missus on the mouth and you press here on the sovereign :rofl:

V xxx

you only kiss yer missus on the lips! :rofl:

i love it. and ive had to do it!

I love it too, but the song stays in my head for ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g