Love this name but is it too much with surname??

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
We love the name Ella for a girl, but our surname is Leigh, Ella Leigh has a few too many L's do you think? So maybe hyphenate??

Cant use Rose, Grace, Daisy or May as they are middle names of my other little ones. (although May is a second middle name, so could possible use it?)

Forgot to say that MIL would be mortified if we didn't use her name as a middle name somewhere in there, so we need to fit Antonia in there too :shrug: I don't mind having more than one middle name.

Ella-???? Leigh

Other first names we like are:

Lyla
Ava
Constance - Connie (after DH nan)

Ella Leigh is a bit of a mouthful of L's. I don't love hyphenated names personally. What about using a longer name that Ella is short for? E.g. Isabella, estella, sibella, there's got to be loads.

what about
Gabriella Antonia Leigh?
or
Daniella Antonia Leigh?
or
Elsie Antonia Leigh?

also:

Annabella
Arabella
Emmanuela
Luella
Marcella
Mariella
Stella

or you could go:

Elaine
Elaina
Elinore
Electra
Elisha
Elisabeth
Elsa
Elissa
Eliza
Ellesse
Elice
Ellie-mae
Ellouise
Ellyse
Elodie
Elspeth

or you could combine names, to form something diffrent:

Connella
Antonella

I personally think it's a bit of a mouthful with all the Ls, but not ridiculously so.
I really love the sound of Ava Antonia Leigh though!

Thank you everyone, lots of ideas I hadnt thought of, which was what I was hoping for - Inspiration :thumbup:

I really love the sound of Ava Antonia Leigh though!

Thank you, I really like the sound of this too :flower:

We are having Leo Ludlow... lots of L's and with Gregory as a middle name lots of O's too!

We love the L's as my name is Jamie-Lee and when we get married Jamie-Lee Ludlow. We want to name all of our kids starting with L for this reason! :D Heh

I think Ella Leigh is very pretty!

Personally I think it's a bits of a tongue twister! Same with Lyla, though both are cute names. I'd go with Ava or Connie, or some of the other suggestions. I just think when she is older and had to say her name people with think its Ellalee! X

I agree, we are swaying more towards Ava now I think :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->