Lovely stranger made my day, anyone else?

Cyan

Reaction score
I was sat on a bench in the tiny town my eldest goes to school in, waiting for him to meet me so we could go for tea and cake as an after school treat. My precious girl wanted to eat too so there I am, feeding her and watching the world go by.

I noticed an older, stern looking lady start to approach me. I've never had even so much as a nasty look while nursing in public but still have all my responses prepared just in case and steeled myself to deliver a boob-out breast feeding lecture to this woman.

Well, I couldn't have been more mistaken! She came over just to say how wonderful she thought it was, and how it was lovely to see and how it brought back so many memories of the time when she had her own babies to nurse. It was just so nice of her to bother to tell me all those things, it really made my day!

Anyone else met lovely, positive strangers on their breastfeeding journeys?

I was at a wedding fair a few weeks ago and when my son told the whole room he was hungry by screaming. So I snuck off to the hotel bar to feed him. I try to always sit in a corner but it was packed to I sat in the middle and started to feed LO. I thought no one even noticed because no one looked twice but a lady came over who worked there to say how great it was to see a mother feeling comfortable enough to feed in public and gave me a free bottle of water!
I actually emailed the hotel after to say thank you to that member of staff personally (I missed out he free water bit in case she got into trouble).
And to top it all off, that's were I am getting married this year! X

I had a waiter thank me for bf in a pub/restaurant as his wife was about to have a baby and was planning to bf and he had no idea what to expect and was nervous of peoples reactions. He said he didnt even realise i was feeding him until my son popped off to say hi to him and flashed my boob :blush:

I was feeding LO in a cafe in a small town and a woman cam e over and congratulated me. She said it was good to see someone with the confidence to feed in public. In the time I've been feeding her I've never had a negative comment when feeding in public.

I had a locum GP who asked me whether I was "really" drinking zero units of alcohol. I was a bit nervous to tell him "yes because I'm still breastfeeding LO" (who was about 20months at the time) because he was an older gentleman (maybe 60) and punjabi. I'm afraid I wasn't sure whether extended breastfeeding was encouraged or discouraged in punjabi culture, so although as a GP I didn't think he'd be nasty about it, I thought I might get a funny look. Quit the opposite, he started going on about how lovely it was to see someone still breastfeeding and continuing the bond and how he loves to see it (his eyes went all misty and nostalgic!).

He said he didnt even realise i was feeding him until my son popped off to say hi to him and flashed my boob :blush:

Love this!

These are lovely stories ladies, thank you for sharing. Hopefully a nervous public nurser will end up here and gain some confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->