Low amniotic fluid

auntsas

Reaction score
I have gestational dm with this pregnancy, had scan last Friday showing low amniotic fluid. I measured at 8.8 and they want it Atleast 10. Does anyone have experience with this? My average blood sugar is 95, diet controlled. 31 weeks along. Baby measured two days behind on ultrasound, I was put on modified bed rest, able to work then have to set the remaining evening and night. I have to have another ultrasound in two weeks of not improved by hydration will be put on strict bedrest

I had low fluid levels but this was only picked up on at the very end of my pregnancy.

It was initially diagnosed at 36 weeks and I think the level was 3.2 then. 3 weeks later it had dropped to 1.5 and on Friday last week they couldn't find any fluid whatsoever.

I was induced last Friday (40+4) and had a healthy 7lb13oz baby boy. He did actually have quite a bit of fluid around him (not normal amounts but definitely some) but it was just sitting below his head and couldn't be picked up on any ultrasound!

I know our situations are slightly different but I think as long as your monitored regularly you should be fine. Your well into your third trimester and baby is growing good so far x

Hi

I was diagnosed with low fluid levels at 28 weeks. It was 8.1 My doc told me anything below 8 is not great. Baby measured fine. However, this continued till the end of my pregnancy and my baby's rate of growth also declined a bit. He was growing, but at smaller than average rate.
My AFI levels were always between 8-9.
I drank a lot of water, took high protein diet, drank sachets of argenine, which i feel helped in keeping those levels constant.

I was not put on any bedrest..infact was going to work through out my pregnancy.. I have a desk job, so used to sit with my legs on a small stool, for better flow of blood.

I had my last scan when i was 37 weeks.. AFI was 9, and baby was expected to be lil smaller sizewise.. I had him at 38.5 weeks via csec as doc didnt want to take a chance with vaginal delivery's stress on him due to low fluid. His birth weight was 6LBs.

so dont stress..just try to follow whatever i mentioned and your LO will do fine. my son was born at 6lbs, which i dont think is underweight..infact he didnt need any nicu stay and was home with us on 3rd day.. he is now 20 months old, at 60th percentile for height & weight and a lil monster to the core :)

Ladies thanks for your replies! It is stressful! I too am drinking 3 liters of water a day, high protein. Looks like I have to have weekly stress test and weekly ultrasound to check my fluid levels.

Amniotic fluid helps protect the baby from trauma to the mother’s abdomen. Amniotic fluid cushions the umbilical cord, protects the baby from infection, and provides fluid, space, nutrients, and hormones help the baby grow. To find out the cause behind low amniotic fluid is important. Based on the condition your doctor will provide the right treatment, your doctor might recommend drinking more fluids especially if you're dehydrated. It’s possible to temporarily increase the amount of amniotic fluid with a procedure known as amnioinfusion, in which saline is instilled into the amniotic sac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->