low bbt

danni2kids

Mum of 3 boys
Reaction score
Im wondering if my lower bbt has been contributed to the fact i sleep with my mouth open, because looking at my chart as a whole it definately shows that my temps have risen!

This morning i tested but my mouth was dry it was 36 and the result came up so quick so i shook the thermometer (to cool it) and it come up as 36.4, i then did it again doing the same thing and it was 36.4, and it was literally in a matter of a minute that i tested the 3 times.

And i know my temps have been higher in the day then what they were at the start of my cycle. Am i just looking for something?? Or do you think i have a point?

I am not a temp expert but from what my doctor told me years ago, once you shake your thermometer your temps are not realiable. He said that to temp you have to do it first thing as you wake up, after a minimum of 3 hours resting. When you shake your thermometer you have already done some activty that will raise the temps. I am not sure if his theory is right, but that is why you probably have different temps. :shrug:

I'm definitely not a pro myself but I am positive that sleeping with your mouth open will alter your results. I have read that temping vaginally is a great way to bypass that issue. Perhaps it's something worth trying for one cycle to see how it works for you :shrug: As for shaking your thermometer, I unfortunately have no idea as I use a digital one. Best of luck!!

I'm definitely not a pro myself but I am positive that sleeping with your mouth open will alter your results. I have read that temping vaginally is a great way to bypass that issue. Perhaps it's something worth trying for one cycle to see how it works for you :shrug: As for shaking your thermometer, I unfortunately have no idea as I use a digital one. Best of luck!!

Thanks for that, i too use a digital one, i think shaking a mercury one would alter the temps.

Im wondering if my lower bbt has been contributed to the fact i sleep with my mouth open, because looking at my chart as a whole it definately shows that my temps have risen!

On looking at your chart, my very first thought was to suggest getting your thyroid levels checked.

Your low temps are similar to mine, and I'm technically hypothyroid.

^ I agree with the above--have your TSH checked. I'm hypothyroid, and my temps are disturbingly low (even with synthetic hormone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->