Low blood pressure??

SoldierWife

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

So a little back story, I am high risk due to having preeclampsia in my previous pregnancy. My doctor has had me on baby aspirin and has been having me track my blood pressure.

Previously my BP has been very consistent. Well lately I've noticed I've been super tired again (like first trimester tired LOL) and I've been feeling super sluggish. When I take my BP its pretty low for me. Definitely not low enough to worry but it just seems odd. :shrug:

I am very happy its low compared to high but has anyone else had anything like this happen?

Me!

I had pre-e with my first (was induced at 40+4 with a BP of 165/105, no other symptoms or signs at all).

I am also on low dose aspirin with this pregnancy. Two weeks ago, I had random bouts for a week or two of random low (for me) pressures that were associated with tiredness and sluggishness. When I would take it, I got pressures as low as 99/58 which for me is SUPER low!

I talked to the dr about it, but there has been no rhyme or reason. It is now back up to “normal” for me, which means I’m hovering around 115/75 - 135/80.

My blood pressure is like a rollercoaster... even two readings one minute apart can be drastically different!

I wish I knew why my BP was low for that two weeks! I’d rather it stay on the lower side then keep the trend of getting higher as pregnancy continues... :(

Me!

I had pre-e with my first (was induced at 40+4 with a BP of 165/105, no other symptoms or signs at all).

I am also on low dose aspirin with this pregnancy. Two weeks ago, I had random bouts for a week or two of random low (for me) pressures that were associated with tiredness and sluggishness. When I would take it, I got pressures as low as 99/58 which for me is SUPER low!

I talked to the dr about it, but there has been no rhyme or reason. It is now back up to “normal” for me, which means I’m hovering around 115/75 - 135/80.

My blood pressure is like a rollercoaster... even two readings one minute apart can be drastically different!

I wish I knew why my BP was low for that two weeks! I’d rather it stay on the lower side then keep the trend of getting higher as pregnancy continues... :(

I am right there with you! I had pre-e with my last baby. My blood pressure shot up to like 180/95 or something crazy high. I don't exactly remember I just remember being in the doctors office and the nurse retaking my BP over and over again saying "that can't be right" and her quickly walking out and then hearing my doctor say "oh crap" outside the doorway.

My BP has been like spot on around 115/70 or right around there for weeks. Then its like the past couple weeks its been a roller coaster getting low and then it'll get slightly high, then slightly low and back high.

I'm hoping to get some answers at my appointment next week, its right around where you said too like 99/55 or so when it drops. So not like low enough to really worry but most certainly enough to make me raise an eyebrow.

My last blood pressure reading was 88/48. The nurse and doctor both asked me how I was moving around! I definitely felt like crap. I've increased my salt intake and mine is back up to 108/65. They don't worry unless it is constantly scary low.

I had low bp in my first pregnancy (this time it's normal but on the low end of the normal range, I feel exhausted all the time but very little dizziness thankfully). I fainted a load of times in my first preg and yeah they basically just told me that low was obviously a lot better than high and that the main danger of consistently v low bp is that you could get in a dangerous situation (e.g. Fainting while crossing the road, carrying a child/hot drink, etc). So they basically just told me to take a lot of care since I kept fainting and that was that :shrug:

I've had low BP in my last two pregnancies, all the way through, averaging 90/60. I felt extra tired/sluggish like you described and had a dizzy spell once during bloodwork, which has never happened before, and they associated it with my low BP. This time my BP was low again at my first appointment, but I've been craving salty things left and right since then, and noticed that it was higher (110/80) the last appointment. Maybe try increasing your sodium intake? Soup is great for that, or a salted pretzel, salted nuts, etc.

Btw the low BP didn't affect me at all during labor like I thought it would. Both were vaginal deliveries.

Me!

I am right there with you! I had pre-e with my last baby. My blood pressure shot up to like 180/95 or something crazy high. I don't exactly remember I just remember being in the doctors office and the nurse retaking my BP over and over again saying "that can't be right" and her quickly walking out and then hearing my doctor say "oh crap" outside the doorway.

My BP has been like spot on around 115/70 or right around there for weeks. Then its like the past couple weeks its been a roller coaster getting low and then it'll get slightly high, then slightly low and back high.

I'm hoping to get some answers at my appointment next week, its right around where you said too like 99/55 or so when it drops. So not like low enough to really worry but most certainly enough to make me raise an eyebrow.

My midwife suggested that it’s usually a change in hormones (or something; I’m probably botching her explanation) around the third trimester. Blood pressure usually rises back to “normal” or close to it in third tri, and unfortunately for me that seems to mean a trend of getting higher and higher.

I still wish I knew why mine was so low for a couple weeks! My reading this morning was 130/80 (boooooo) first reading and 110/78 two minutes later. (I’m even using a monitor calibrated by the doctor, so it’s accurate. My BP’s just fluctuate so much!)

I hope yours stays nice and low for you; high BP during pregnancy is so stressful. :)

I haven't checked my BP today yet I work for a hospital so I have a machine I use here and a home one I use so I generally expect slight variations since I'm using two different machines but sometimes the changes are huge. Like yesterday I took my BP in the morning and it was a pretty normal 109/64 or so. Then I took it a few hours later and it was 125/80. Then maybe an hour later it dropped to like 95/58.

Sometimes I feel like my BP is a roller coaster.

Well my BP did a pretty drastic drop today within 5 min. I decided to call in just in the nurse line just in case. They pretty much said if it drops any lower I need to go to the hospital to be monitored but as long as it doesn't drop any lower then I can wait until my appointment next week and keep tracking it for now.

Well my BP did a pretty drastic drop today within 5 min. I decided to call in just in the nurse line just in case. They pretty much said if it drops any lower I need to go to the hospital to be monitored but as long as it doesn't drop any lower then I can wait until my appointment next week and keep tracking it for now.

So strange! The swings can be crazy at times. I hope that it stays stable so you don’t have to be monitored.

:hugs:

Just wanted to post an update!

A very happy update! Had my appointment today with the doctor and an ultrasound. Baby is measuring perfectly as he should. Doctor is actually happier my BP is down versus up and doesn't think we should do anything about it unless it happens more frequently. Previously my doctor was adamant I deliver at a major hospital here but I prefer one of their smaller facilities due to the location (big one is downtown in a not so great area), due to how well things are going so far she's scheduled me for the smaller hospital to have my csection there.

The doctor is really thinking things are looking fantastic and that there are no signs of preeclampsia so far! With all the bad news and things happening this pregnancy it was really good to finally have a good appointment!

Just wanted to post an update!

A very happy update! Had my appointment today with the doctor and an ultrasound. Baby is measuring perfectly as he should. Doctor is actually happier my BP is down versus up and doesn't think we should do anything about it unless it happens more frequently. Previously my doctor was adamant I deliver at a major hospital here but I prefer one of their smaller facilities due to the location (big one is downtown in a not so great area), due to how well things are going so far she's scheduled me for the smaller hospital to have my csection there.

The doctor is really thinking things are looking fantastic and that there are no signs of preeclampsia so far! With all the bad news and things happening this pregnancy it was really good to finally have a good appointment!

Yay! Good to hear! I hope it stays nice and low for you!

:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->