Low hcg levels empty vaginal ultrasound

Concernedfrst

Reaction score
So my period isnt exactly regular. Knowing that, i still assumed i was about 6 weeks pregnant (going off of my lmp). I went to the dr and the doctor he suggested i do an ultrasound to see if its a normal pregnancy or a ectopic pregnancy. I agreed and after doing a vaginal ultrasound he found nothing. He requested blood work and i got it back and it was 176. Then i went in for my second work (2 days later) and it was only 278 and still unable to see anything. He checked everywhere again to see if he noticed anything or anything unusual but he couldnt see anything. Since i have no bleeding and pain or any unusual symptoms, he doesnt think its an ectopic pregnancy. (Mind you that hes been checking over and over again) he aaid maybe my dates are off but im not sure. Ive read many things online saying its most likely an ectopic pregnancy, however my doctor said he thinks it may be either super early or an unhealthy pregnancy where it just never got far enough to even develop into a sac. Has anyone heard of this before or experienced this? Im soo confused and scared. I thought maybe i may have cancer or a tumor but the doctor said no. Im scheduled for another blood test on tuesday but i really dont know what to think anymore. I really want to move on but i feel like i cant cause of this waiting game.....

I am currently going through the same thing but my doctor jumped on the ectopic bandwagon real fast. My first level was 199 ,383,583,880 so after the 880 instead of waiting to see if I just had super low rising numbers they told me I needed a methotrexate shot to prevent a ectopic rupture even though they can't see anything and both sonographers didn't agree that I was having a out of uterus pregnancy.

I do have 2 tumor as well that they found so dealing with that is hard too.
I don't want to scare you but make sure you become fully informed as that they keep checking your levels. They won't be able to see anything in your uterus until your levels are over 1200 so keep that in mind. I wish you all the best an please keep us updated on what happens.

Hello concerned, as far as I can see your numbers are within the normal doubling time (about 72h if taken 48h apart) so I think you just need to wait a little longer to see where this is going. It doesn't look sinister at all right now so unless you start bleeding or your next numbers aren't doubling well then you just have to assume you are pregnant and all is going well. Congratulations!
As the pp mentioned, you won't be able to see anything on a scan until your hcg levels have reached approx 1,200.
It sucks to be in limbo but unless you have reason to worry, try to enjoy the fact that you have a tiny human being growing inside of you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->