Low iron - anyone else?

Oswin

Reaction score
At my midwife appointment I found out I'm low in iron, so have just started iron liquid today. I've never been even a little bit anaemic before, so just wondered how it can affect you? Might it be part of the reason I've been feeling so tired and dizzy? (I assumed that was just normal first tri stuff)

I've always had low iron, which is why I can't give blood :(, and mostly as far as physical effects you're mostly just cold most of the time, you're right about the fatigue, but nothing major. They refuse to let me start anything yet. My midwife flat out refused to put me on anything else because she said it will make me even more sick, especially in 1st tri, with the MS and all. I was at one point -4 deficient and now I'm only -3 deficient, so I think my prenatals have enough iron (156% dv) in them and it's making a big difference...I hope yours improve hun

Hope your iron improves, it's really important you take them and build your iron levels up.
I've just had an iron transfusion as my levels were dangerously low and I felt awful.

I'm realllllly dizzy. I should get my iron levels tested.

I'm on iron tablets, I felt tired, dizzy, a bit "dim" (not just baby brain) and generally fatigued (more so than just being pregnant) iron tabs took about two weeks and started to feel loads better!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->