Low-lying placenta at 20 weeks?

justplay91

Mama to Kai and Zoe!
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I was told at my anatomy scan that I have a low-lying placenta. My doctor told me it is likely it will move up, but if it doesn't I will have to have a c-section. Has anyone else had this? Did yours move? I've had two vaginal deliveries and I really don't want to have a cesaerian, but of course I will if that's what is best for my baby.

Thanks, floridamomma. Do you remember if yours was an anterior low-lying or posterior low-lying? I've read that the anteriors are more likely to move, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Mine was an anterior and it moved up.. and i have heard it to too that anteriors are more likely to move. good luck.

I have posterior low lying placenta. They say it is likely to shift out of the way, but i will need another scan later on to verify.

I hope for our sakes our placentas move! My 1st DD was a vaginal andi would sure like Ariya to be the same!

I also have a low lying placenta, we found out at our 20 week ultrasound my cervix is at 2 cm's and also folded (circumvallate placenta). We have another ultrasound Monday (22 weeks) to get some more answers and an apt at the hospital with an OB later in the week. They did advise me it is quite common and as the uterus grows the placenta previa should repair itself.

I had this with ds3 but mine didn't move. I was told and read that most people's do move so hopefully yours will. I found the info about placenta previa to be very contradicting so make sure you take it easy and try to relax as much as possible

Forgot to update. At my 28 week scan, they found that my posterior low-lying placenta has moved plenty far away for a vaginal birth (6 cm away now). It was 2 cms at 20 weeks. I hope yours moves too, katieebugg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->