Low oestrogen levels.....

heykitty

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My husband and I have been TTC for 11 months and have decided to embark on fertility treatment. I had the first round of bloods and
my doctor has told me that the results show that my oestrogen levels are low. Has anyone else had this? I'm not entirely sure what this means- Does it affect my ovulation and/ or the life/ quality of my eggs? I have been using the clear blue fertility monitor which tells me I am actually ovulating each month so there clearly is a surge of LH.

I'm going for further tests day 2-5 and day 22 and 23 so once those results come back, we should know more and may possibly start on clomid the following month. Would love to hear from anyone who has had a similar experiences or who has tried clomid.

Thanks xx

tempong would be the best & only confirmed way of knowing if you definetly ov - as if your hormones are imbalanced ov sticks arent always reliable for everyone. Also low estrogen does play a role in the time of the cycle when the egg matures & helps the eggs to mature. So theres obviously a link there. If you dont find it too stressful i woild recommend charting & temping so you can find out exactly whats going on with your individual cycle & can make more informed choices. Xx

Thanks Aiysh. I started temping and charting last month and so this is my first cycle. Worryingly, although my temperatures are fluctuating, there hasn't been a significant thermal shift so apparently I haven't ovulated?! Going to buy another thermometer in case it's that as I got a cheapie one online.

I'm really confused though- I have heavy, painful periods each month and a very regular cycle- is it possible to have periods like that and not ovulate?

Suppose it's just a waiting game now until I have further blood tests. Xx

hey sorry for the late reply, did you get your test results? yes it is possible to have periods and not ovulate. they do say it takes a few months practice with temping...I haven't heard of the monitor being the problem just the first month is kind of hard to get used to temping. it may be clearer wether youre ovulating after a few more months of temping.

Thanks Aiysh. I started temping and charting last month and so this is my first cycle. Worryingly, although my temperatures are fluctuating, there hasn't been a significant thermal shift so apparently I haven't ovulated?! Going to buy another thermometer in case it's that as I got a cheapie one online.

I'm really confused though- I have heavy, painful periods each month and a very regular cycle- is it possible to have periods like that and not ovulate?

Suppose it's just a waiting game now until I have further blood tests. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->