Low pain tolerance

Cinnamon88

Reaction score
So I'm having a c section Monday. Even though I been through this three times before I'm still scared. I have a very low pain tolerance and I squirm and cry and jump with the IV, catheter and spinal. Even with lidocaine before. Any tips or suggestions? If I suggest a smaller needle would they do it? I hate the fact I can't drink two hours before and makes my veins much more harder to find.

You could ask about the smaller IV garage but I think they need to have at least an 18G in case of an emergency situation. Maybe ask if they have a "vein finder". I never used one but I know there was one at the hospital . I haven't worked in a hospital setting since 2011 though. If nothing else placing a warm washcloth over the area they want to place an IV will help to get your veins "popping". Personally, it makes a big difference if I don't watch myself being stuck vs if I do. The pain is less if I don't watch. Outside of that I don't have any tips. I hope that all goes well for you and congrats!

Hope ure section went well hon and baby is here.

How did it go?
Sorry, I been so tired. It went somewhat well. They gave me a lidocaine shot, blew out my vein. Used ultrasound machine to find it and that worked. Rhu gave me another licodaine shot before my spinal and epidural (they gave me both) that hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->