Low PAPP-A levels?

surprisepreg

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I got a call Friday evening that my first trimester screening came back with increased risk for trisomies 13/18.

Went to the high risk dr this am. They did another ultrasound and said from what they could see, it looked good. We discussed the issue at hand. Turns out my PAPP-A level was very low at 0.16. This alone (I believe?) put me at a increased risk (1:34) of trisomies 13/18. I had the next blood test done (results in a week or two) and going back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound.

Thoughts?

Hi I had this is my last pregnancy and also pick up that I had no Rubella as well which you have when your younger?? But this time it was all ok :wacko: I had a 1 in 126 chance, and I had the Harmony test done, and all came back clear... But she did have trisomy 16 which they do not test for :cry: I was unaware of this as throught paying out did everything, nothing shown on my scan at 12 weeks just blood low papp a - But at 20 weeks she was alot smaller and had a white bits on her bladder which then pointed to Problems, I dont want to scare you or worry you but be sure they cover everything I was only 26 and was under 30 so wasn't high risk this time around if I come back high risk il go for everything, I was also bleeding from 6 weeks which was also a sign they said.. looking back now also high Blood pressure from 14 weeks too. xxx

Thank you for the reply! If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me about trisomy 16? It's never been mentioned to me and I know nothing about it.

Wow. I was going to suggest Harmony testing but interesting it doesnt pick everything up. X

Hi,
I read this online - Trisomy 16 is a chromosomal abnormality in which there are 3 copies of chromosome 16 rather than two.
But Babies will either die before 12 weeks or once they are born they cannot survive, They should be testing for this as it can only be found through a Animo or testing tissue after which they did with me, She said your more likely to win all numbers on the lottery than get this again but im still a nervous wreak!
Iv had no bleeding which before I did and her heartbeat was always alot faster than normal, I said all this to them but they didnt seem bothred until my BP when out of control and tablets didnt help I was on 24hr monitoring in hospital.
For me this time, If my blood results are low then I will opt for the Animo and that will tell me where before they didnt offer it me as I was clear results but that wasnt for 16... It a very rare case.
But im now almost 8 weeks and everything is going great so far just want to get past my 12 weeks scan and bloods then I can relax xx:hugs:

Hi just wanted to update!

I got my results today! It felt like it took forever. I managed to miss a call from the dr yesterday, tried to call back but office already closed. Then I realized that the dr who called was the head of the whole maternal-fetal medicine department, so I started panicking.

Called bright and early this am and spoke to a nurse. She did not have my results on hand and said she would get a dr to call me back. She kept calling me "sweetie" which made me even more nervous.

Well, she called back about 10 minutes later, said she had found my chart and wanted to call right away. My NIPT was NEGATIVE and I'm having a little girl!!!! I just cannot believe it!! I am so very happy and thankful!

Lovely result :happydance: I bet your over the Moon... Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy :happydance: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->