Low Papp-a

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Hi all.

I had my NT scan yesterday and was told that the scan itself was fine but my blood tests for my age (21) put me in a high risk category for Down Syndrome (due to low papp-a)

I've opted to do NIPT. What have your experiences been with NIPT? What about low papp-a - the consultant told me I would need to be monitored for IUGR and Pre-E but mentioned premature delivery and stillbirth as a possible complication. Are these things common with Low papp-a levels?

Hi

Try not to stress too much. My first son was born at 34+6 due to PreE and borderline IUGR (induced).

I didn't learn until my 20 week with this pregnancy that I had low papp-a, not mega low but enough, and that could have explained what happened with my first. It has meant that I've been on aspirin since 12 weeks (due to previous PreE) and I've been having growth scans every 2 weeks since 30 weeks and BP also measured regularly.

I'm currently 36+2 and so far so good. Little guy is growing well albeit a little small on my personal growth chart (he's smack bang 50th percentile on the generic ones) and I will see the consultant at 40 weeks just to check everything is still going ok.

They will likely keep a close eye on you and babies growth. The things your consultant has said can happen due to low Papp-a but from all the things I have read they don't really know what it causes, just there may be a link.

Like i said try not to stress too much, when I first looked it up I scared myself stupid over it all.

X

P.s there is a thread further down here about Papp-A you can read through x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"