lower abdomen pains

Crosby

Reaction score
Hi girls

I am reading confusinf statements about the lower tummy aches. Some sources state its a regular and very common strech / grow pains and other sources warn about early labour.

When i phoned MW last week with similar pains she said take painkillers (if i need to) and if the pain doesnt go away then phone L&D.

I dont feel like the pain is strong enough for painkillers, should i just stick it out and see what happens later on in the day/night?

I have to mention i have a very high pain threshold so i will bear certain level of pain when other people resort to painkilllers.

I don't know either, really. My doctor always says that beginning stages of labor can feel like period cramps/constipation pain for some, but also that crampiness is normal as things are expanding and baby is settling into position, etc! My take is that I'll know when it's definitely labor, as those period like cramps will evolve into something much stronger. I guess you never know, though!

I wld for sure get checked out if you're still preterm. Better to check it out & they'll be able to assess if you're too close to active labour. If you are, they can stop it or help baby prepare fr birth. Some women don't feel real pain until they are too far gone.

Thank you.

I am better today, the pain moved from lower tummy to the sides last night and then gradually subsided.

I am very much still preterm at 34.4 weeks so going into labour would not be good yet.

I've had a lot of cramping over the past week but nothing consistent. It did feel like period cramps so I mentioned it to my OB and she said that it sounds like my body is starting to gear up for labor but that she isn't concerned. It just means that things are moving in the right direction. Then she said to only call if the cramps turn to full blown contractions or happen more than 6 times in an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->