Lower back is killing me!

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
29 weeks and my lower back (right in the center above my tailbone) has been hurting for about almost two weeks. I have tried ice and heat and while it works for a bit if I get up and move about a lot during the day it gets worse and worse. I have a toddler that I am constantly having to pick up so I know that doesn't help.... Any tips ladies?

Do you have access to physio? My pelvic girdle pain I swear mainly in the back and even though mine is elsewhere too I know our physios see people with lower back pain too. How much help they will be is another matter.

I've had really bad lower back pain since around 26 weeks and haven't really found anything to help except rest and heat pack. I also had it like this is my 1st pregnancy so I know it will be gone soon. My poor toddler doesn't get picked up anymore cause he knows I can't carry him.
You could try physio, I didn't have the time so just battling through it!

I would do Physio but I don't have anyone to watch my son unfortunately. We havent lived here long enough to make friends with people I would trust enough. I guess I will just keep using heat and ice and rest. Im sure I had this last time along with the SPD but I really cant remember it being this bad but thats probably because I wasn't chasing around a toddler.

maybe try a prenatal yoga class online or something? the stretches might be able to help you. That's what I've read as a suggestion, anyway!
Good luck!

What worked well for me was making sure I take walks throughout the day. When I sit more often, I get the lower back pain much more. I also make sure I bend at the knees when picking children up or cleaning. I wear a maternity support band. They look goofy but honestly, when I put it on real tight it relieves my pain sooooo much and also prevents new pains. Seeing the chiropractor helps immensly, although I havn't gotten do that yet but in previous pregnancys it helped a ton. Swimming is great. Check out spinning babies and see if the babys fetal position has anything to do with. Do some prenatal yoga, and spend some time on all fours.

I hope you start feeling better. Almost in the home stretch :hugs:

My back has been constantly sore since about 20 weeks. Mix that with a back injury and 3 previous pregnancies and it's not a very comfortable position. I just use a pillow for my lower back or have a hot shower.

Thanks ladies. The last 2 days it hasn't been as bad. Ive just been a little more careful picking up my son and trying to relax a little more. I need to take walks more but honestly that just makes it worse. I have a short torso so I know that it makes my bump so much bigger and more pronounced which doesn't help at all. There is just no way to go but out so maybe I need to get a support belt this time.

Support belts are great. Also alternating heat and ice is good. But the main thing is to not pick up your toddler (easier said than done I know!) but your ligaments are much more stretchy in npregnancy so it's a lot worse on them picking up heavy wriggly children! I've explained to my daughter that I can't pick her up anymore and she does understand but she is that bit older than yours. Could you maybe get down to his level and help/cuddle if that is what he is after? I know it's hard but hopefully not for much longer x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->