Lower Back Pain

BlackBerry25

Helena & Elliot <3
Reaction score
So I had H in September 2008. She was sunny side up and my back hurt all through out my pregnancy and I had back labour. It continued to hurt for the past year or so and would hurt more if I bent a lot at work. The pain is kind of near my bum on my left side. Really low. It also shoots down my leg and causes my knee and ankle to ache, kind of like arthiritis pain.

I ALWAYS am telling my OH not to pull on me because it hurts my back. Well he pulled me towards him by my hips, while I was resisting and my back cracked. It has hurt so bad now for 4 weeks. At first it was at the point where I could not bend, sit down, get out of bed, roll over, sit on the toilet, pick anything up without having excrutiating pain. Now I am at the point where I am fine sitting but it hurts to lean forward or to pick up my daughter especially laying her down in the crib. KILLS ME!!

I start physio on Monday.

Has anyone else had major back problems since having a kid?

I just finished 6 weeks of physio, well 2 weeks and then another 4 later for back pain. I still have to go to my follow up appointment but I'm nervous to because he said if I don't feel better he's going to do cortisone injections.

I have a prescription for meloxocam but I don't find it makes much of a difference taking it. It doesn't stop the pain from happening or take it away when it comes.

He told me I have to build on my core strength and flexibility before he gets too deep into investigating. He said I should work harder toward a BMI of 22 also.

That sounds like sciatia to me hun, i have it and it flares up occasionally and its super painful.I had trouble with my back before been pregnant due to my job though. Does it sometimes feel like a numb pain if that makes sense? xx

Right now I am convinced I have a slipped disc because it is so painful and it kills me if I sneeze or cough. I literally cannot stand and I collapse if I sneeze and I have nothing to hold on to. I have 3 prescriptions right now, 2 muscle relaxants and a pain killer but I havent been taking them.

Shampain, have you tried any physio or anything?

I went to my docs and he basically said the damage is done now and it will keep flaring up occasionally if i over do it! When Paddys head dropped it was agony i really suffered in the last 4 weeks with severe pain in my legs and hips x

I went to a chiropractor for my sciatica and it worked really well, until I stopped going and it flared up again. I was told to work on my core muscles and to stretch my back by squating with my feet flat on the ground, going as low as possible with a straight back (hope that makes sense) to try and stretch out my lower back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->