Lump on breast

Laeyla

Reaction score
Yeah I'm kinda freaking out. Expecting baby #3, 17 weeks and just before getting into bed tonight I was like wow my boob hurts and then looked closer and can see too small visible lumps above my nipple...kinda seem like part of a vein or something shrug...but now I'm worrying and can't sleep. :/ has anyone ever had something like this?

I'm definitely going to mention it at my next appt but that isn't until Oct 2

Well that's not reassuring if no one has ever experienced this lol

I think it's quite common to get lumpy breasts during and after pregnancy but I'd get it checked out if I were you, I get small bumps right on the edges of my areolas but anything else I'd get checked just because any breast lump should be looked at by a doc. But I think the fact you've had some soreness associated with it is a really good sign that it's just to do with your boobs getting ready for milk and stuff, I definitely get horrible shooting/stabbing pains sometimes in one boob, especially when I've slept on it.

Although I haven't had this, i have heard about some woman having this be something with their breast milk coming in ...? Blocked or swollen membranes. If it doesn't settle down after a few days I would go to the doctors just to make sure it isn't an infection.

Yeah, I've had the tiny bumps too but this is a little bigger may be like pea sized? And you can notice it too if you know what you're looking for.
It's not a constant pain but when it does hurt it's quite uncomfortable. My next appointment with my OB is on Oct 2...although I may make an earlier one with my family doctor just to help put my mind at ease.

I would see a doctor but I'm sure it will just be something pregnancy related to do with your milk ducts like pp said. It's a good sign that it hurts.

Agree that it's a good sign it hurts - it's likely a blocked duct in that case. I would get it checked by a doctor though, for reassurance.

I would keep an eye on it, if you're not in a lot of pain just leave it. If it gets bad go to the hospital. I had mastitis at 24 weeks with my son and had to be followed by a surgeon for a while even after I had him because its EXTREMELY rare and they were worried I had breast cancer. Luckily, it was mastitis and it was cleared up with IV antibiotics.
That is worst case though, lumpy sore breasts are just a normal part of pregnancy (usually)

Just go and see your gp. I'm sure it will be nothing to worry about, maybe a milk duct or a cyst, but you'll only worry about it until you know. Your boobs do change in pregnancy but if you've got a distinct lump you shouldn't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->