Lunch ideas for 5yr old with reflux

fairydreams

Reaction score
My dd was born with severe reflux it's got better with meds and as she's grown up but she still suffers if given the wrong thing. She was on school dinners where i told them to avoid citrusy foods as they're the worst culprit; she was given gammon with pineapple and an orange and rhubarb cheesecake! She spent the rest of the day throwing up! :( we had v.strong words with the school and she's now on lunches, but need ideas other than just cheese spread sandwiches, a yoghurt and a banana iykwim?

I usually just do sandwiches but sometimes put in leftover things like pasta salad, quiche, rice salad, stuff like that.

Cheese crackers, lunch box jaffa cakes, or mini cookies, jelly pots, or fruit pots, slice of melon, mini cheddars, cocktail sousages, sousage roll, yoghurt drink, rice pudding, cucumber slices, babybels, cheese triangles, pitta bread, get them involved preparing the lunch. Savoury foods are best with reflux.

I've had tummy issues since I was very young... and used to go to bed almost nightly with upset tummy and heart burn kicked in hard when I was early 20's. Then it got worse and got Acid Reflux and went to doctors several times and got tests and all they did was give me meds to keep it in check. I finally went to a naturopathic doctor about 2yrs ago and honestly, it's been SO much better since!!! I wish I had gone years ago...

I was put on what's called the Anti-Inflammatory diet- and had to cut out coffee, wheat, potatoes, corn, and other starchy food, tomato based foods, soda, too much sugar, fried foods, and even dairy (to test allergies)...

After 3 mos of being strict about this- and taking other supplements the naturopath doc recommended... I got a much better balance to my system and was able to go off the meds all together. I still get heart burn from time to time... but tums actually work for me now (they never did before). I also take Papaya Enzyme pills sometimes instead as they can settle my tummy well.

Just a suggestion... but might not hurt to check into someone in your area that does this kind of medicine. It worked wonders for me, so I highly recommend.

Best of luck!!!!

Thanks for your replies and advice everyone, will definately try the cocktail sausages and i like the idea of the pasta too. will let you know how we get on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->